New members of the Congo forum, introduce yourself here

Hi
I will be working in the Congo soon coming in December. 
I will need to get accommodation and and and

Will think of all the things I need to ask and then come back again

Christoff and Riana

Dear,

What is the best way to find a Job in Pointe Noire? I have an engineering Degree with around 4  years experience in engineering and 4 in project management.  I speak English and French.

Could you please direct me?

Thanks in advance,

dmakcongo wrote:

Dear,

What is the best way to find a Job in Pointe Noire? I have an engineering Degree with around 4  years experience in engineering and 4 in project management.  I speak English and French.

Could you please direct me?

Thanks in advance,

Hello Dmakcongo,

Welcome to Expat-Blog......................
Please put your CV in Job Section for better results but you can also search through google the petroleum companies in Pointe-Noire and see the openings...........

Regards,
Anil

Christoff12 wrote:

Hi
I will be working in the Congo soon coming in December. 
I will need to get accommodation and and and

Will think of all the things I need to ask and then come back again

Christoff and Riana

Hello Christoff12,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..............
Once you arrived here please feel free to ask what you want to know about the place and and and............

Regards,
Anil

Hello Chaitanya,

Welcome to Expat-Blog...................
No its not raining through out the year but almost 8 to 9 months there will be rainy season but rains hardly 3 to 4 months.......yes you can have raincoats but not really needed..........winter is in the the month of june, july and august.........rest of the days are hot............electricity and internet is normal.........mobile network is 3G........

Regards,
Anil

Hi I'm Portuguese arrived 2 weeks ago and not Frenh speaking also. Welcome!
1-Ensure someone fromyour company will catch you in the airport. If not possible write the Adress in a paper and show to the taxi driver.
2-There is an Indian restaurant in PNR.
3-Exchange in the airport when you arrive. In PNR you have cashboxes where you can take money with VISA CARD.
4-Local sims work with your mobile brands.
5-I have a sim card to web acess, pay 60 euros month, 1GB per day, can talk skype with family but the signal is week and inconstant.
6-I'm finding it until now.
7-I don't know.
Regards Rodrigo

Hi RodrigoSilva,

Thanks a lot for useful information. I would like to see you there at your conventient time.
Have a nice time. take care

Greetings.
Here's Frejus, I am from Congo. I wish to know that does it almost rain throughout the year? Do I have to carry raincoats, umbrella and winter clothes? Is there 24/7 electricity and internet? And what type of mobile network is available there
Regards.

Hi everyone,
I have just moved to Brazzaville from Goma in DRC. Would happily meet up with you if you live here to get to know a few people and a few places to visit. I enjoy the nature so would appreciate any tips you have on getting out of the city.
Also, I am looking for any information on finding a place to live. If you have any contacts please send them my way.
Hope to be seeing some of you soon.
Sheree

Hi Friends, I'm a new commer in PNR. Will come in touch will all you soon.

Hi all, i'm Sandeve-expat. I'm on this blog for many months but i haven't introduce myself before. I didn't knew that, and i think that this explain why i can't post some things here or doing some private messages. I apologize for that. . Thank you.

Have an offer to work in oilfied offshore boat...just wanted to meet some friends & some insight about the place before i accept the job..my concern at the most is the Sim card & internet..is there any network provider in PNR that are selling sim cards with a cheapest reliable internet? How much is it? Thanks and looking forward to be in Congo

What is the name of cellphone network provider in PNR? How much is the sim card and internet mobile? Thank u

hi,

i want to bring my family to Pointe Noire, what is cost for living for a BHK house or Apartment and others.

Hi,

I am coming from India and offered a job in Pointe Noire as a Coordinator with titles like Planning and reporting and so on.

i want details to know about local accommodation, visa, and other things .................

Hi there!

Anybody out there of knowing of positions available in the DRC
Document Control

thanks in advance

I'm Don.

I'm interested in the Congo Region--especially the Congo River.

I'm not an ex-pat yet.

But I believe I'll learn lots from this Forum.

Am emmanuel sackey ,thirtythree years of age from ghana , currently working at mantrac ghana ltd as field service technician with six years experience

Congolese by birth (DRC)
South African citizen
Speak French and English
Interested in doing some work in DRC

Hi,
My name is yulia. I live in russia, but I have a friend in Brazzaville, who I didn't see many years. So I would like to know how is he doing, how is his health, how is his family doing and I would like to keep contact with him if he doesn't mind. It is not difficult to find him in Brazzaville, because there are only five people like him in the whole country. He is a doc in russian filology. He worked and may be still works in lycee of revolution teaching russian language.His name is Paul Ondombo and he adress was and may be still is Poto Poto Bangalas street 126. I sent him a letter about a month ago, asking reply to my email, but still didn't get anyhting. May be he didn't get my letter or may be he cannot send me a email. May be with the help of your forum I can keep contact with him. And if you see, ask him if he needs money, if yes, I can transfer him a little from time to time through the post office.

Besides could you please tell me is internet connection available in Brazzaville, is it expensive and accessible?

Thank you for your help in advance,
Yulia.

Hello,

I'm Anis, Lebanese, moving soon to Congo, Brazzaville. I willl appreciate any help about social life, living and working in Brazzaville, and if its secure.

Thank you,
Anis

Hi how are you.

I am Ockert Jonathan botha.i work here in Congo ,i am from south Africa.
I work on T F M copper mine between lekassi and kolwesi.
I am a electrical supervisor foreman.here on exploration shafts here.
But got bad news due to low copper price our contract ends end November.
I realy enjoy Congo it is a very nice country and the people here is realy good workers and fast learners.

Here is so many potential here in Congo and it is nice to be involved and see a country like Congo
Start to develop and grow.
I am not just here to work but to train and advice people share my knowledge and work skills.
An safety always come first.

So i am on the search for a vacancy here in Congo,if anyone can help me.
I appreciate.

Thank you.

O j botha.

Hi

I am Diesel Mechanic Expat living in South Africa but worked in Congo
I am looking for Diesel Mechanic expat post.

Thanks
Ashley

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum + drop an advert in the proper section : Mechanics job offers in Congo
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

I'm a new member. My name is Anis, I'm from Beirut, Lebanon and moving to Congo Pointe Noire in November.
I appreciate any help and advices about the situation in PNR, medical precautions, security and daily life.

Thank you,

Hi all
I am a Zambian working in Congo for three years now .
I am an experianced heavy equipment tech

hello friends,

i am irfan & am new to the forum. i have a job in congo, lumbubashi and may be coming there soon. i want to know many things about the place. first the security, cost, legal issues, what to look for in visa etc. then food and all....

can anyone please guide me how to start. i am little bit hesitating as i have never been in africa..??

hope to hear from some one soon

irfan

Good day
My name is Mark and I am currently working for congo equipment/ Balowscat.I have been here sins May, I come from SA Portshepston in KZN. I am looking for a supervizeory posision.

Hello All,

I am moving to congo in  a few days. It will be great to get to know people there in pointe noire to hangout with. PM me please. I want to know about life there. What should i expect? ...etc

where do you learn french?

hello everybody,

i am Manish from India.

i am looking for jobs in accounting or admin profile.

Hi how are you all.
I liked to work in the congo the people is excellent,helpful and friendly.

I was thinking off starting a business in congo while working there.
On Wednesday the 26th I arrived on or tambo to fly back to congo, I was surprised to hear that I was not booked on a flight.I phoned my manager and then only I was told that they have stopped the project and I am not coming back.I think from my employer it was very rude and unprofessional I am still trying to find my private things, tools and sentimental things that I had there.
But never mind I want to work in congo again.
I am a electrical foreman will accept even work as electrician.

Thank you.
To a lovely people and country.
Ockert jonathan botha.

Hi, everyone!
My name is Gaius Kowene, a journalist from eastern DRC now based in Pointe Noire where I'm working for euronews' sister channel africanews.
I just arrived, so curious to meet people, make friends and talk about wat life in congo is!
Let's get in touch!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please share personal contact infos only in private for own security issues.

Hi Anis,

Are you already in Pointe Noire? Maybe we could plan a short meet up!
I'm also from Goma and just moved to Pointe Noire but might visit Brazaville in March. We may even plan a meet up!

Hi Everybody!
I am from Chad, I arrived a month ago in Pointe-Noire. I speak French and lived in South Africa for some months and worked in English as well.
Loosing my English as I don't practise any more; it would be great meeting some english speakers to hang out with. I can help in French.
Contact me if interested.

Hi anil,

we have just moved in to Brazzaville a week ago , i am looking to buy a car , Suggestion and how much does it cost for driving license.

thanks
Yesupathems

Hi everyone! Vincent here. My dad was an expat for 12 years and now im following in his footsteps. South african looking for work in congo

Hi all,
I'm Jonathan Ben, I can speak 7 languages
I wanna work as translator.
I'm also It manager, Web design, infographies etc
I've studied abroad in China.

I'm here working as Assistant Director at AFROXYL SGP SA
But I need more job, I caneed also teach English to children.

I'm also organizing "Event"
My first event in Pointe noire is for this 05 august at 5pm till 2 or 3 am

You guys can join me via private message.

Best regards,
JB

Hi everyone,

I have just joined this forum. I moved here in May and work as an anglophone TV journalist. I am willing to teach English to anyone who is interested.

Best regards

Hi everyone!

I have recently moved to Pointe Noire.

I am interested in joining sporty activities (Pilates/yoga/marathons/hikes...). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Grace

Hi all, am Aisha Golfa. Will be glad to meet people in pointe noire

Closed