Please drop a line if you are keen to connect

Hi All,

My name is Andrew and I will be moving to Scotland in January 2016. I am a British citizen married to a South African, so the plan is to setup everything on my end first and then Wanda (my wife) and two daughters will follow me around July. My interest in this forum is to meet other South Africans (Afrikaans speaking) who have already made this transition and hopefully tap into their experience to make the move a little more familiar.

Please drop a line if you are keen to connect.

Hi Andrew,

Nice to hear from you.

My wife and I have been in Scotland since 2007 and have mostly lived in Glasgow.

Things have worked out well for us considering - though I must admit the weather was a fair adjustment.  :)

Happy to connect with anyone wanting to make, or have made, the move.

Regards,

Shane

Dear Shane,

Thanks for reaching out. Did both you and your wife have citizenship when you moved back in 2007?

I am expecting the weather to be a shock to the system, so thank you for the heads-up. I am monitoring daily weather conditions for Glasgow and Edinburgh on my android app, but I think I will only fully comprehend weather conditions when I touch down in Edinburgh.

What are career opportunities like? I have been keeping an eye on vacancies posted online to get a sense, but I would really appreciate hearing your take.

Best Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew & Shane,

Welcome on board Andrew :)

Just for your information guys : we created a new topic as from your posts on the Scotland Forum for better interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien