Investing in Mauritius from South Africa

Hi, I just wanted to find out from Fellow expats, especially South African, what products you miss the most from back home that you wish you had.
I'm South African and lived in Mauritius for about 8 years..just did my post grad surgical studies back in SA and I want to invest in Mauritius with a long term goal of eventually retiring there...although I'd  like my investment to assist with transition of primarily South Africans expats in Mauritius..so thought of importing SA goods that are scarce...what (in your guys opinion) are products missed from SA, other, that are not readily available in Mauritius?

Thanks
Looking forward to your response
Yak

Yak, please email me on johnraath AT regalert.co.za

Howzit,

As a South African here... i honestly cant think of much that you don't get here.

Pretty much every single thing is available (some at a big price) but available none the less... even biltong :)
All the restaurants are here.  Supermarkets carry all standard SA stuff.  Meat is easily available.  Clothing not available.  Cellphones, computer and all other electronics are easy to find.    Pharmacies stock all the usual stuff. SA Wines, beers and spirits are available.  so yeah, quite a difficult market to break in to.  Good luck!

Dear Machismo

I have a number of contacts from South Africa with whom i have been discussing to provide the same kind of information.

I would love to share my ideas on what we can bring to Mauritius.

Do drop me a private message.

welcome to mru