ENQUIRY

HI EVERYONE, I INTEND COMING TO BANGALORE TO FURTHER MY STUDIES IN FEW MONTHS. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR VIEWS ON THESE LISTED TOPICS BELOW. THANK YOU.

-COST OF LIVING
-THEIR WAYS OF LIFE
-CAN I WORK AND SCHOOL AS A FOREIGNER IN BANGALORE?
-IS THERE PROVISION FOR A STUDENT TO UNDERGO MORE THAN ONE COURSE AT A TIME? I MEAN UNDERGOING A DEGREE COURSE AS WELL AS TAKE A DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATE COURSE IN SOMETHING ELSE.
-ARE THERE CHURCHES IN VIJAYANAGAR WHEREI WOULD BE STAYING? I AV GOOGLED AND NO FAMILIAR NAME.
-IS THERE FREEDOM OF WORSHIP?
THANKS A LOT.

Hi, first of all lower down the caps while posting on the forum, it's termed as "online shouting"

Here are some of your answers,

Cost of living would depend on your lifestyle,
Legally you can't work unless you have a work permit
You would have complete freedom for worshipping

Cheers :)

Thanks for your reply and correction as well. I need more responses please.

Hey,

Find replies for all your queries :

- COST OF LIVING - Depends on your accommodation/food/transportation ~ a good estimate if you staying in a decent place, eating out, taking autos for your transport would working out 500 USD/Month. If you want you can even manage all this at 300 USD, provided you stay in a PG, cook you own food and travel by bus.
-THEIR WAYS OF LIFE - We are pretty relaxed. People are helpful. I am not sure what do you mean by Ways of Life.
-CAN I WORK AND SCHOOL AS A FOREIGNER IN BANGALORE? - Definitely Yes as a Volunteer. There are many NGOs who can help you with this.
-IS THERE PROVISION FOR A STUDENT TO UNDERGO MORE THAN ONE COURSE AT A TIME? I MEAN UNDERGOING A DEGREE COURSE AS WELL AS TAKE A DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATE COURSE IN SOMETHING ELSE. - If you have free time post your regular classes, you can definitely join for other courses.
-ARE THERE CHURCHES IN VIJAYANAGAR WHEREI WOULD BE STAYING? I AV GOOGLED AND NO FAMILIAR NAME. - There is a St Johns Baptist Church in Vijayanagar. You can find the details in the following link catholicchurches.in/directory/bangalore-churches/st-john-the-baptist-church-vijayanagar.htm
-IS THERE FREEDOM OF WORSHIP? - A big yes.  A freedom of religion is a part of our constitution. You are free to worship any god.

Hope this helps...Do write back if you need any further information.

Cheers

TC

Thanks alot TC. It has brightened my view. Hope to be in Bangalore in November.
TC, when you say voluteer please do simplify it. Do you mean a humanitarian service without pay?
One more question please? Can foreigner/ foreign students do business and if yes what kind are available and what would you advice?

I am glad I could be of help. When you do Volunteer, it has to be mostly Humanitarian without any pay. Alternatively you could look at some Private Schools in India who would interested in taking you on a temporary basis, based on your qualification and prior experience. What sort of a business are you considering. If you want to establish a permanent shop you will have to get a proper license and registration to do so. Please elaborate so that I could be of help.
Cheers

TC

Thanks alot TC. I'm looking at indoor selling like in Nigeria, a student can sell female clothings indoor to people around who like it.

Yes, you can definitely do that.. Let me know if you need any further information...

Thanks for your assistance TC. That will be all for now. I would not hesitate to contact you if i need further clarification and i hope you will be available. Thanks once again.