Any Hawaiians out there?

Aloha!

Born and raised on O'ahu, moved to Norway three years ago.  Feeling particularly homesick lately.  Wondering if there are any other Hawaiians in the Bergen area?

I have to admit this is the first ethnic group I don't think has any form of official presence.
I have not met any at least, and there are no groups on facebook or google.
Even the forum does not have many hawaiian apparently, at best there are americans :(https://www.expat.com/en/nationalities/ … pe/norway/

I wish you the best of luck anyway :)

Thanks :) I have heard of a couple (friends of friends of colleagues . . . basically multiple degrees of separation) but like you said mostly just Americans, which is sort of the same, but actually very different ;)

I know just a few americans and no hawaiians so I cannot give any interpretation to your wink :P

Aloha,

We just move to Bergen last week. We are in the process of settling in.

My wife Monica was born here. We met on Oahu when she was a pilot for Aloha Airlines. We moved to Bellingham, WA after the crash of 08.

She has decided to go back to school and we have decided to move here since college is free.

We have a seven year old daughter who was born in Kaneohe.

Hope it is going well for you.

Hopefully we can get together and perhaps start a Hawaiian Club if there are enough tita's and mokes here.

Malama Pono,
Cipriano

Aloha!

We've been away on vacation and settling into a new house as well (in the Nesttun area) and I finally went through my hundreds of emails and found this :)

My husband Remi is from here as well.  We met on Oahu in law school.  Been living here since October of 2012.  I have a daughter who just turned 8. 

We should all meet up one day and talk story and make plans for this club. 

Will you be starting Norwegian course at Nygårdskole this fall?

Hope you are adjusting way to Norway life!

Maria