Knock knock! Somebody's there!?

This forum is dead.I am sure there are more activities on the Sahara desert forum.... I hope it is not representative to the place.

Anybody here? If yes, please have a look at my other topic Life in Vientiane .   I hope someone can help me there !

Cheers folks

Well,  your are not very active either, you managed to write 13 posts in 3 years.
So who is blaming who?  :whistle:

Then post me a productive answer rather than saying this kind of stuff... You are the one with 3K+ post!!

A more productive answer will be that YOU  have to be more active: how more you post your experiences and answer questions from others, how more this forum will be alive. Don't wait until others do. Start with yourself.
And how more active you are, the more members know you with all positive vibes it comes within.

Trust me.... I know  :D

@matt300

I agree with Primadonna and his posts, especially #2.
Have you read through the posts on this forum, especially those in the forum categories list.

Why don't you get out and about, wander around Vientiane to see what's going on. Be proactive. There are the museums, the morning market, That Luang, great coffee shops,Patuxaiy monument, the night market along the Mekong. Traditional Lao dancing can be found at some restaurants.

Use Google and search for tourist attractions Vientiane.

The membership for the Lao section of the forum is small and some members work and have family here so are not that active due to other commitments.

@matt300,

While you may have been a member for 3 years now, how often do you actually visit the forums? If your low posting count is a reflection of the frequency of your visits then you've probably missed quite a lot. Like many of our other forums some of them tend to run hot and cold, with spurts of great activity follwed by periods of low activity. Over the past couple of months there has admittedly been a bit of a slowdown on the forum. Going back a bit beyond that there were times when it has been so active that you could hardly keep up with things. Maybe you're just out of syncronization with the "rhythm" of the forum cycles of activity. There may also be a number of reasons for temporary inactivity on the forum that you're not aware of since you're not actually in the country that may account for the slowdown.

I agree with both Primadonna and Stumpy, rather than just complaining that the forum isn't active, why not post some topic threads that will generate some activity. You really can't complain about inactive forums if you yourself are little more than a casual "observer". Being a "member" means taking part in something. Perhaps your participation would generate the participation of other members. Just a thought.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

The forum is in place.
The forum is a great mutual help tool.
The forum has excellent members, all out there to help others, and save then from experiencing the problems we went through.

But moaning just turns everyone off - big style.

Well well well, I guess if everyone is against me... I am the one being wrong hehe.

Sorry if I offended your "blog" principles, I didn't mean to be rude or unrespectful, just tried to tease people and get ur  attention. Look like it works 😄

Yes, I should be more  active here but it is also true that when I read a post and can help the person, I ain't looking how active he is. I just Share my experience. I think it is a pitty that 25 people looked at my post but no one share comments other than these above.

MEA CULPA Everybody, have a good ans happy day and let's Forget that.😘🙏🌸

@stumpy: Thanks for these few infos about Vientiane
@fred: I like your vision ;)

@matt300

If you do head this way do understand that Vientiane is a small city, with not much to do in relation to other larger capital cities around the world, and you can walk everywhere.
You should come over for at least 2 weeks or longer, head to Luang Prabang and then down south to Pakse. Plenty to see in both places. Use Google to research.

I also suggest that you read the forum code of conduct about the rules of being a member of this forum.

Hi forum members, I'm semi-retired and teaching part-time at two Universities in Thailand. I enjoy being active and last season coached a women's university rugby team to a regional premiership. After many years here, I've decided to relocate from Issan, Thailand to Vientiane Laos. I'll spend the next few months getting things in order here and make the move in January 2016. I'd greatly appreciate anyone who's been settled in Vientiane a few years contacting me. In the meantime, I'll browse through the forum topics and make contributions where I can. Thanks everyone-Cheers, Doug.