Single mum visa

Hi,

Hope someone can help me on this. My partner and I are both professionals with skilled jobs. I am a design technologist and she is a Nurse. We have been seeing each other for a while now and we both want to make a better life for ourselves in Canada. She has a little girl and the question I am asking is it possible to move as a single parent or what kind of visa would we all need to move abroad?

Cheers  :)

Hi twincamsham,

Welcome on board :)

I will invite you to please check out the discussions on Information on visas in Canada as they might contain some interesting feedback which eventually might be helpful at the same time :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi there, I'm a single mum, registered nurse who has just gained PR & will be moving to nova scotia with my ten year old daughter in the next few months.
My process was that I went backwards & forwards for 2 years to gain my nursing registration/licence in Canada, I then applied via the provincial nominee programme for PR which took 2 years to be processed.
One of the issues for single parents moving to Canada is that you must have the permission of the childs biological parent to remove the child to Canada, they are very particular that you must have legal documents/ authority to do so, even to take the child on holiday to Canada they will ask you for your "court papers" at immigration, I had my solicitor do an affidavit so after my first trip it wasn't a major issue, but its just something to be aware of, they are very strict that you are not abducting the child without the other parents permission, so my advise is to sort out the paperwork for your stepchild before you even arrive on a scouting holiday etc, it makes life much easier & will save you a lot of hassle when you do visit. Hope this helps.