General info - Any garden centres + good hair dresser?

Whilst waiting for my permit I have been thinking of a few points.
Are there many garden centres where one can buy new plants,fertiliser and all other gardening things?
Also is there a really good hair dresser with good stylist?

Thanks

Hello barbara torrance

Yes of course you will find a lot of professionals in both field in most part of the Island.

In which part will you be relocating to please?

Regards
Kenjee

Hello
I'm not sure yet.

hi. got lots if miracle gro and seeds left over and gardman stakes ( u have my number)
excellent compost not easy to find but the.one in bricolage is ok.
haidresser i like the grand baie beauty centre. they are really good. wine shop just next door. ;-) not over priced either.
garden centers pepiniere labourdonnais also a section around there that.has.seedlings for.sale espace maison plant section gros.cailloux or small selection in forbach. local govt nurseries are reasonable.
truat me done the rounds at most of them as bought around 70.plants when revamped the front garden.

Thanks for the info Leyla. Maybe when I find a suitable home I could buy something off you.

Barbara,
There are many garden centres dotted around the Island,  I have also bought from local people selling from their front gardens or at stands along the road. Medine is a good one too but here in the West. I had to ask my landlords permission before I planted anything in the garden, plants were doing very well until recently when having solar panels replaced, the men cleared up rather too well and removed my plants :( Although I have many growing in pots.

You will also find many supermarkets sell plants and flowers too.

Hairdressers, there are many good ones especially for dark hair like yours, I am afraid it is a case of finding one you like and sticking with them. I go to a local place, very cheap but very good :) When you move here, take recommendations from your new friends, try them out, if no good for you, try the next one ;)

Thank you very much Rosie. I will be doing container gardening until I get my own home.

Hi Barbara,
Just this morning me and my wife bought some plants and seeds for our garden. There are two places i can recommend for you; 1)Gros cailloux
2)Espace maison
You can find lots of plants and equipments you need.

And for hairstylist, i asked my wife and she says Sacha in Trianon shopping centre where you will find Espace maison.

Hope it helps. :)

Hello
Thank you so much for your help.  I will certainly try these places.
Regards

There is a crazy off-beat garden place for plants in TRIANON you go just past the turning for the shopping complex as if going to Mr BRIOCOLAGE . It is called VANERON

Thank you all for your input to my request

lesjar wrote:

There is a crazy off-beat garden place for plants in TRIANON you go just past the turning for the shopping complex as if going to Mr BRIOCOLAGE . It is called VANERON

Its a lovely garden centre, you could spend hours there plus they have a lovely little restaurant tucked away within the tree's and overlooking a small waterfall, I always go there for lunch if I go to Trianon.
(The road that takes you to it goes through the sugar cane fields, a dirt track type of road)

Garden Centres: Espace maison in Triaonon. It's B&Q/Homebase like experience. So, you'll feel at home. ;-)

cheers
gj

Thank you

Hi
Not sure which area you are in...but two very good garden centres near me in Calodyne...
Exotica ( very very good) and Endemika , both on the roads that lead from Calodyne up to the motorway.
My hairdresser is so good that even though I've been in the UK now for 8 weeks I still will wait until I get back to get him to cut it. His name is Doon, and he is very near the temple in Grand Baie, telephone 57028483. Regards, Lynn

Hi Lyn
Thank you so much for this info. I'm still on UK but will be in MRU. In a few weeks.