Job Offer , Is this a Scam ?

Hi Ive been offered a job in Jakarta , It all seems a bit too good to be true ... Here is Job add

EXCEPTIONAL SALES OPPORTUNITY IN THE FAR EAST FOR

TELEPHONE SALES PROFESSIONALS/CLOSERS/NO DEGREE REQUIRED

Our rapidly expanding International client in the financial industry is seeking to fill a number of exceptional telesales opportunities throughout SE Asia.

Are you dynamic and enthusiastic? Hard driven and results orientated? Tenacious, fearless and money motivated? Are you being overlooked and underestimated as a Sales Representative? If your are a natural on the telephone with a strong ability to close and can follow instructions implicitly, this position may be for you.

The company uses marketed leads only therefore no prospecting or cold calling is required.

A very attractive start up package including flights, hotel and accommodation, start- up salary and a very generous commission scheme that includes daily, weekly, monthly and annual bonuses. Transport to and from work with meals included. For successful candidates first years earnings should be expected in the region of 100k+ OTE increasing to 250K in second year.

Opportunities are available for advancement and development into senior positions for candidates that have proven themselves and excel.

Applicants must be aged 21 years or above and should have a MINIMUM OF 1 YEARS PROVEN SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD IN TELESALES/DIRECT SALES (advertising sales, insurance sales, double glazing sales, intangible telephone sales  ), hold a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining and a few clear pages for visas. Graduates are welcomed.

Applications will only be considered to those who submit their FULL CV in the first instance.

I went through 3 phone interviews and have been told I will be flying 28th August

It all just seems a bit too good to be true , Has anyone heard of similar positions ??

Thanks in advance

How exactly did you receive the initial contact regarding this job offer? Was it actually a job that you had applied for previously or was it by way of an unsolicited e-mail? If it was by e-mail you can tell quickly if it came from a legitimate company because the e-mail address of the sender will have a DOMAIN NAME like [email protected] the domain name of a real company. Anyone should be extremely suspicious of any kind of job offers or any other kind of schemes that come from someone they don't know in the first place and especially when the person uses a gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc., e-mail address. No genuine company will ever use these free e-mail providers.

You also need to check if the offer provides a real address and official website. If it does then check it out closely, make sure that the company exists and do a Google search to find out if the website you've been given is exactly the same as the real company's website. Many scammers go to the trouble of setting up websites that are almost identical to the real company's site. If the company's (official) site differs in any way from what you've got then contact the real company directly. They're not going to be upset about this, it's something that any prudent person would do. They'll either confirm the offer or they'll thank you for letting them know someone is using their company name to pull off a scam.

The biggest tip-off that you're being scammed is if you're being asked to pay any fees in order to get the job. You should never have to pay any up front fees, not even for visas; if you have to pay a fee for a visa then you should always pay that directly to the Consulate where you must apply for it. If the company wants you to obtain a visa then THEY should be prepared to pay the cost and arrange for you to repay them later, once you've began working for them if need be. If it is a so-called AGENCY then remember that almost without exception they make their money by charging the employer, not the prospective employee.

Always bear in mind the old saying that still holds true today... "If it seems too good to be true, that's because it IS too good to be true."

The position is listed on numerous reputable job sites in the UK , They are paying everything as far as ive been told . Ive done checks on Recruitmeny agency , client and cant find any obvious warning signs other that a few small spelling mistakes on website

They have been extremley honest about how difficult the position is and that the salary is mostly commision and that they have a high turnover of employees , The one thing that gives me concern is they didnt advise me of vaccinations etc which for me would be a priority ..

Thanks for your advice

jak_newb wrote:

The position is listed on numerous reputable job sites in the UK , They are paying everything as far as ive been told . Ive done checks on Recruitmeny agency , client and cant find any obvious warning signs other that a few small spelling mistakes on website

They have been extremley honest about how difficult the position is and that the salary is mostly commision and that they have a high turnover of employees , The one thing that gives me concern is they didnt advise me of vaccinations etc which for me would be a priority ..

Thanks for your advice

Look, if this ad is meant for Indonesia only your concern should be getting a work permit not about the vaccinations at first.

If one gets you working here without having the right work permit you can be fined up to 5 years in prison and up to 500.000.000 Mio Rp (about 45.000 USD)

Better think about it before taking that offer without knowing more details.....

The ad was for uk based applicants to relocate and work permit & visa is being arranged by the employer .. Ive got details of the Position , Visa & Permits Salary Commision & Benefits . Im just doing my due dilligence before moving from well paid job in the UK ...

wjwoodward wrote:

How exactly did you receive the initial contact regarding this job offer? Was it actually a job that you had applied for previously or was it by way of an unsolicited e-mail? If it was by e-mail you can tell quickly if it came from a legitimate company because the e-mail address of the sender will have a DOMAIN NAME like [email protected] the domain name of a real company. Anyone should be extremely suspicious of any kind of job offers or any other kind of schemes that come from someone they don't know in the first place and especially when the person uses a gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc., e-mail address. No genuine company will ever use these free e-mail providers.

You also need to check if the offer provides a real address and official website. If it does then check it out closely, make sure that the company exists and do a Google search to find out if the website you've been given is exactly the same as the real company's website. Many scammers go to the trouble of setting up websites that are almost identical to the real company's site. If the company's (official) site differs in any way from what you've got then contact the real company directly. They're not going to be upset about this, it's something that any prudent person would do. They'll either confirm the offer or they'll thank you for letting them know someone is using their company name to pull off a scam.

The biggest tip-off that you're being scammed is if you're being asked to pay any fees in order to get the job. You should never have to pay any up front fees, not even for visas; if you have to pay a fee for a visa then you should always pay that directly to the Consulate where you must apply for it. If the company wants you to obtain a visa then THEY should be prepared to pay the cost and arrange for you to repay them later, once you've began working for them if need be. If it is a so-called AGENCY then remember that almost without exception they make their money by charging the employer, not the prospective employee.

Always bear in mind the old saying that still holds true today... "If it seems too good to be true, that's because it IS too good to be true."

Basically you may be correct but since it is posted in the Indonesian forum you should more be precise. I spot that you are based in Brazil so I assume you do not really know how things work in here.

Better do not confuse people who specifically post in the Indonesian forum you easily mislead them thus as said, giving your input is right but when it comes to Indonesia other things need to be considered.

I personally would not give any advise to someone who is asking the same thing in Brazil forum since I have no idea how things work there.

Cheers
Tom

jak_newb wrote:

I have found warning signs.
Spelling errors tend to suggest the company isn't as English as it seems - or just rubbish.
High staff turnover means people move on - a lot.
OTE - On target earnings - you get paid if you make the sales, not much if you don't.
The company has a nice London address
That turns out to be a postal address, not a real office.
It works like this. Joe Dodgy sets up a business but has no office. He rents a mailbox in a place like this, so looks like he has nice offices in London - until you check.
http://www.companiesmadesimple.com/comp … ffice.html

Registered Office Service
Prestigious London EC1 registered office for your company
Keep your residential address private, avoid junk mail, free postage, no hidden extras.
You get:
use of our London EC1 address as your company's registered office
all official government mail forwarded to you
for just £45 plus VAT per year (with no charge for postage)

The you look at

Limited Company Registered in England and Wales,Company Registered Number 8314621

Companies house will tell me all about their status, so I'll check.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/

oops - nothing, under name or registration number.

Now for some Tv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnwSYfVIpfk

They appear on the list of fake scam companies.

Besides that, you'd have a very low chance of getting a work permit in Indonesia.

jak_newb wrote:

The ad was for uk based applicants to relocate and work permit & visa is being arranged by the employer .. Ive got details of the Position , Visa & Permits Salary Commision & Benefits . Im just doing my due dilligence before moving from well paid job in the UK ...

"work permit and visa is arranged by the employer"..... This they can only do if they have a legal company in Indonesia as such the local company can provide a RPTKA (Foreign Placement Plan) which is needed to apply for the IMTA (work permit) at the Manpower Department.

If the company is based in UK but they do not have one here, they can not arrange for your work permit which is needed.

You are not allowed to work on any kind of visa which allows you to visit Indonesia (VoA, SosBud, Business Visa)

If this is the case you should ask what kind of company set up they do have in Indonesia.

They claim there "client" is sorting out visas , youtube looks like nail in coffin for them tho

The client is sorting out the visa ??

What kind of visa they are talking about, have you asked ??

You must know who the client is don't you think so ??

Also bear in mind that on a visa you can not legally work, you will need a work permit.

The client is  http://www.targetasiamarketing.com/

jak_newb wrote:

The client is  http://www.targetasiamarketing.com/

Had a quick look, the "client" is based in Hong Kong but nothing mentioned that they are in Indonesia.

I used the P** web domain and used Way Back Macine to tie up there website .. Seems like a scam although I dont see it , They havent asked for anything

I would like thank everyone for the great information , Ive done some more research and it looks like they were recruiting me to work as part of a boiler room scam .. Im sure I would have made money but I dont want to be part of a scam

jak_newb wrote:

I used the P** web domain and used Way Back Macine to tie up there website .. Seems like a scam although I dont see it , They havent asked for anything

You should better forget about this job offer and look for other opportunities..... :cool:

jak_newb wrote:

I would like thank everyone for the great information , Ive done some more research and it looks like they were recruiting me to work as part of a boiler room scam .. Im sure I would have made money but I dont want to be part of a scam

Now worries.....that is what this forum is also about  ;)

Hi Jak,

Any recent information about this job offer?
Do you know anybody who went there work for them?

Tanks

Hi James,

Any recent information about this job offer?

Thanks

Hi Fred, Any recent information about this job offer?

Thanks

Hello Happyhours, Any recent information about this job offer?
Thanks

No further news so it must be scam for sure.....today even more difficult to get a legal job here in Indonesia

They contacted me...
Want me to go there.
I'm looking to get more information about this.

Please share here the infos you can obtain

I went to a processo of 5 or 6 interviews. 45 minutes each.
I had to pitch on the phone in one of them.
They say they Pay the air ticket, hotel for one month And $1000 on the first month for expenses.
It's an only commission based job.
Very hard job they say.
Telesales.
Sell stocks on the phone.
They say they have offices in Jakarta And Hong Kong.
Very discret about names And locations.
I got phonecalls from 4 different locations: London, Austrália, Hong kong And France so far.
They say they take good care of their employees...
I'm waiting for more info from them.
The recruiter is Salestalentfinder.com
If anyone knows somebody who worked for them please let us know.

Gundo wrote:

They contacted me...
Want me to go there.
I'm looking to get more information about this.

See post 7.
They have no office and appear on lists of scammers.
That and you have almost zero chance of a work permit.

The real killer line is "They contacted me".
Ask this, why did they contact you?

Since my last post things have got tighter here, making work permits even harder to get.
Possibly a reaction to the ASEAN agreement.

The first person to contact me was from salestalentfinder, Uk. They did because I applied for the job. The offer was like the first post.

Is there similar scams in Asia so we can read about it?

So what is the point of all this scam or others similars to this one?

I'm really not use to deal with this kind of mean people. I'll appreciate all your comments And insights.

Take a look at post 7
Take a look at Salestalentfinder.com's webpage.

The actual address is a few offices through an archway, behind a couple of small shops.
The address is shared with several companies, as is their company reg number.
It's the same as the one in post 7, and still isn't known to companies house.

Yep, looks like a scam.

iv been offered this role!!!! what should i do!!

can someone help! I didn't know about this till i found this :-(

where did you find this info??

rameez.123 wrote:

iv been offered this role!!!! what should i do!!

Ignore it.

rameez.123 wrote:

where did you find this info??

If you know how they work, it's easy to find the cracks in their scams.
Putting the last two together was really easy as the scammers are clearly expecting their victims to be a bit thick, so didn't cover their tracks at all.

Dont waste time on this kindda work. No salary No security. Next pls

i want to know more about this?? How is it a scam? If they are paying to fly you over? Does not make sense? I may just go free air ticket and have a holidah there and make my own way back hahah

The false company registration number, the same one used by the other fake company, is the killer clue.
The company will have something awaiting you, probably a 'visa/paperwork' fee, and a later refund of the ticket price, but you buy it first. There is no way they'll spend anything if they can get away with it.

Why would a company fly you to Indonesia to do something you could easily do from home?

Think you need to check their website again. They are just a recruiter and a job board. p***.co.uk is the web address. They are one of reed.co.uk most active recruiters. To my understanding all the major job boards do a detailed check on all companies before advertising their vacancies. I understand that they are registered in London, however their operational offices are in Southampton. If they were a scam, I really don't think they would be that stupid to advertise with such big job boards. I have also just done a check on their company registration number and that is all genuine. Also looks to me that they have a very good website and job board that has a lot of potential. Why are we criticising companies that help us work? Maybe this is why their are so many unemployed in the UK because they are all paranoid about stupid stuff.

Fred did it occur to you that the original poster of this hoax could be the offset to get this promoted ? he could be the scam :)

The scam here is that you wont sell any stocks on the phone, you will just pretend to do so, in the end nothing is ever bought or sold, only fake paperwork is produced about stock trade, your job will be to call potential investors and talk as much money as you can out of them and get your commission, while the big money goes to the few masterminds. They are running this dirty business since 2010 already, have ruined countless people, so you will be part of a criminal network when you take this job. They recruit preferably young native English speakers from London or Southampton area. The boiler rooms are operated in Jakarta because they simply can rely on the Indonesian authorities not giving a shit about foreigners cheating foreigners, it is also very likely that some key people in Jakarta like high ranking police officials and also bank staff is on their payroll, this guarantees them an undisturbed multi million dollar fraud business, since years.....so think well if  you want to do this sort of "work", it will come back to haunt you, the crooks will be brought to justice one day, and if you have "worked" for them you will get your fair share from the judge.

Did you take the job

Yes and No. the jobs do exsist BUT you will be working for a Boiler room, run by ex-pats based in Manila. As such you will be liable for arrest if cuaght and liable for civil damages against victims. We have already several cases in court where the sales persons have been persued by the victims.. now having to pay substabtial damages!! 

for more info go to ..soca66int.blogspot.ae/[/color]   and here

faisalmashat.blogspot.ae/2015/08/fisher-capital-management-money.html

if you have any more info on the recruitment agent for this scam please reply to me here.