Spouse Visa convertion to Work Visa -Looking for a job in South Africa

Hey,

My husband is moving to Jo burg on work visa and though I will be on spouse visa I am looking to convert it to a work visa. Can anyone please help me identify how to go about looking for a job in the development sector/Research with an organization that will be willing to process my visa.

Thanks,

Erum

Hi ,
Did you find out any useful information about convertion to work permit? I have the same issue with my wife's spouse visa.Really appreciate if you can share some information.

Hi tharinduwije,

Better you start a new thread on the Johannesburg forum for your query. This thread is inactive for quite some time.

cheers,
Bhavna

You can't convet a spouse visa, you can endorse a work or study permit to your visa.

If your qualifications fall within a Critical Skills List, you can ask for a critical skills permit, it would be granted for 12 months is you do not have yet a contract, or up to 5 years if you have a contract.

Otherwise you will have to go the normal work permit route, for what you need a job offer and a contract (and some other annoying documents like a certificate from the labour department, etc.)

Another option is that she gets hired by a company that can make use of the premium facilities in Sandton (usually big multinationals and universities), then the processing time gets reduced significantly.

All info can be found here http://www.vfsglobal.com/dha/southafrica/

Hope it helps.

Angie