Got offloaded by PHIL IMMIGRATION/NAIA carrying Buss, Visa

I know the guidelines, That they have to be strict, protective, and were all subject to their Evaluation and Final Decision..
But whats the use of this "Business Visa" granted and issued to us FILIPINOS with COMPLETE, VALID and LEGAL DOCUMENTS if Phil Immigration deny a flight, questioning the buss visa that we have.

Legal and Valid docs VS. what they think???
Money, Efforts, will just go to waste...

I got offloaded carrying a Buss Visa,
they keep on telling me that I will soon look for a Job abroad, they asked too many irrelevant questions, Asked too many papers, that actually I was able to show them.

^I have a valid Phil passport,

^Company's Sponsorship Letter, (stating that they will shoulder all the expenses during my stay)
- evaluated and approved by the Immgrtion Offcr in country that I will visit,
- I even have the company's proof of billing, if they would like to confirm the address.

^Valid Business Visa (approved and issued by their Immigration Offcr)

Now I have

and answered their questions,
^^And Lastly.. RETURN TICKETS!!!

But still, I got offloaded. Frustrating.

what??????????? crazy officials!

hi there hazel,

are you flying via manila flight?thats what they normally do one of my friends here in mauritius pay 10t each just to go on there flight the corrupt imigration oficer in manila =( but if you fly from davao or cebu international flight go to singapore,hongkong or malaysia as a tourist and a cheap roundtrip ticket just to show that your coming back and you just go straight to your mauritius flight and thats the time to show your busines visa when the time you are flying to mauritus but not in philippines so that your travel will be no hassel.. most of the filipino professionals here travel by business visa and when you arrive mauritius your company will process your working permit and residence permit hope this will help you and given you ideas this is acording to my experience when i travel in mauritius twice =) by the way whats your line of work as aprofesional? hope to see you in the island and listen to my music album =)

Onyx

I was offloaded yesterday - It is my first time to travel outside  going to singapore for only 3 days I have my return ticket, valid company id. AND pocket money cost 500 usd. I used my credit card of my foreigner FRIEND from malaysia to purchased the airline ticket  . I have a copy of his passport ID AND his credit card that I used..he was also going to singapore and we already booked in Marina San Bay. but they ask stupid question in immigration asking '' are you sure you dont relationship?''
why you will be in one room ''??
so who where he will going to sleep.? if you dont have relationship why you will be in one room
I answered NO we dont have relationship 
( I am saying truth because we really dont have relationship as bf and gf''
THE IO officer so you are nurse? maybe your just going to have your exam there
i replied no
and the immigration office replied
mam sorry but i am not going you to allowed to be in the boarding...
she said i was inconsitent to my statement because she really want  me to admit that my friend is my bf plus she said
my friend would not allow to  be my sponsor because only relatives in singapore is allowed.
i was cried infront of them and just leave. I am very disappointed. is there anything I could do about this?

rose712 wrote:

I was offloaded yesterday - It is my first time to travel outside  going to singapore for only 3 days I have my return ticket, valid company id. AND pocket money cost 500 usd. I used my credit card of my foreigner FRIEND from malaysia to purchased the airline ticket  . I have a copy of his passport ID AND his credit card that I used..he was also going to singapore and we already booked in Marina San Bay. but they ask stupid question in immigration asking '' are you sure you dont relationship?''
so who where he will going to sleep.? if you dont have relationship why you will be in one room
i replied no
she said i was inconsitent to my statement because she really want  me to admit that my friend is my bf plus she said
my friend would not allow to  be my sponsor because only relatives in singapore is allowed.
i was cried infront of them and just leave. I am very disappointed. is there anything I could do about this?

Yea..next time LIE...

hello, i was also offloaded few years ago,, even you presented a valid documents also, it was depend on the immigration officer to approved or reject you. Some of my friends told me, that there is a low risk of being offloaded if you take PAL or other airlines except cebu pacific. Or if not, you travel in the morning instead of 8 pm on wards.

please also remember that other than the IDs or documents, they are also looking at your financial capacity. they avoid accepting people who will just go to their country and stay there or in tnt .... next time, you may bring either your valid credit card or bring a statement of account that has a good figures of deposits.. that will keep their mouth shut :D

rose712 Today 11:03:10

i replied no

You were not showing financial independence of your own. you were showing that you were reliant on, what the IO think was your BF

but i have work. also i have my savings and i have my show money

maybe your show money was just not enough. :)

But why did you mention another man regarding the booking. The more the immigration know the more there is for them to become confused?

Maybe you didn't have the additional money that the IO wanted for their own pocket, or maybe they know that the papers that they issued from other IO offices were not valid.
I had a bad experience with Philippine driving  license. It was Issued after all the correct people had dealt with each step of the process, but overcharged for it, that I was unaware of at that time.
When I went to renew it in the company of a Philippine friend who worked for the department I was told that the previous expired license was not even on their computer. the original people just took my money and put it in their pocket. Life is fun in the Philippines. "A Philippino is worth dying" for and all that. My genuine friend from the department wanted to kill the Philippinos who sold me the rubbish certificate.

Dennigmt wrote:

Maybe you didn't have the additional money that the IO wanted for their own pocket, or maybe they know that the papers that they issued from other IO offices were not valid.
I had a bad experience with Philippine driving  license. It was Issued after all the correct people had dealt with each step of the process, but overcharged for it, that I was unaware of at that time.
When I went to renew it in the company of a Philippine friend who worked for the department I was told that the previous expired license was not even on their computer. the original people just took my money and put it in their pocket. Life is fun in the Philippines. "A Philippino is worth dying" for and all that. My genuine friend from the department wanted to kill the Philippinos who sold me the rubbish certificate.

Keep in mind Filipinos are great actors including your genuine friend...:)

Thanks Vetretreat
My Philippino friend didn't ask me to pay anymore than was advertised as the correct prices that is shown on the official literature He took me to the department for the license and was helpful all the way, he does have an ulterior motive though, He likes my lady's younger sister.
Mervyn

There you go ! Keep your friends close...and your enemies closer.  LoL

Dennigmt wrote:

Thanks Vetretreat
My Philippino friend didn't ask me to pay anymore than was advertised as the correct prices that is shown on the official literature He took me to the department for the license and was helpful all the way, he does have an ulterior motive though, He likes my lady's younger sister.
Mervyn

Knew there had to be one...Acting and plotting all the way...Tread Carefully...:)

Dennigmt wrote:

rose712 Today 11:03:10

i replied no

You were not showing financial independence of your own. you were showing that you were reliant on, what the IO think was your BF

Its because you are not one of the "BIG" time criminal or politician who wanted to escape from their unlawful crime. If you  are one of them, you could walk out of the immigration easily, flawlessly.... :)

Please elaborate versan, I cannot understand what's your talking about.

rose712 wrote:

i replied no

Very sad to hear that, the methods of the Immigration are getting more and more "Stasi like" and the interpretation of the "rules" weirder and weirder.
If it is any consolidation, this has happened to some very seasoned people in Cebu as well, they missed the (evening) flights because they could not get hold of their lawyers/people higher up etc.
(But the "La Migra" person denying got transferred to Tawi Tawi or Jolo after that)
However, there is one good tip here, which is to have an International Valid Credit Card as well as the supporting bank documents.
The other problem is the 'rules". Actually there is an unwritten rule, that every visitor to Singaport should, if no cerdit card, have at least 300,- Us per /day, otherwise he will be returned on the cost of the originating country if necessary.
And always only answer YES/NO if possible. And what you have written in our forms. IF asked. Then the simple question" where do you stay" would not have been 'With the guy in the room", which is, to be honest, a bit odd...
However, every year still hundreds of Pinoy coming from Cebu alone get returned at Singaport Airport, a plight, which ( with my own experience on singapore authorities interviewing me upon arrival) would have awaited you also. 500,- US$ for three days is simply not enough. And trust me, the Singapore "Migra" is far more harsh then the Pinoy exit one. They are walking lie detectors. Why the Pinoys get involved at all is simple, they just follow inter ASEAN agreements, which shall lead to PREVENT costs arsising from returning people to their origin and an uncontrolled migration.

wow

We all have the rights to travel, IO are very mean,just wanted to earn money, advantage takers!!!

But if they allowed everyone out and more girls were taken in human trafficking they would be blamed for not doing their job.

BI Commissioner Siegfred Mison said the Bureau and Inter-Agency Council against Trafficking (IACAT) has come up with a set of clear-cut rules under the Guidelines on Departure Formalities for International Bound Passengers approved by the Department of Justice.
The said Guidelines were formulated by a technical working group pursuant to RA 9208 or the Anti Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003 and is in effect since January 2012.
BI Commissioner Siegfred Mison said: “Offloading is not a policy but a consequence of the implementation of the Guidelines.”

However, some officers do get over zealous.  This is where a reporting procedure should be allowed, and followed up by higher officers.

One problem though is when people mention corruption, even though it is often more incompetence than corruption, but the officer then becomes Innocent of the accusation, and will defend themselves, even though they may have been guilty of something else.

I know someone who processed Visa for London and have friends who entered London smoothly, got their visas without any problem. :)

patienceisavirtue wrote:

I know someone who processed Visa for London and have friends who entered London smoothly, got their visas without any problem. :)

Even with a visa, some people do get offloaded.

According to the Bureau of Immigration, about 40 Filipinos get offloaded at the Manila NAIA Terminal 1 every day for various reasons.

I have friends and friends of friends who are in London  already. If you don't know what to show to them, ofc they will offload you, but if you're an expat.. 100% u can go. :)

patienceisavirtue wrote:

I have friends and friends of friends who are in London  already. If you don't know what to show to them, ofc they will offload you, but if you're an expat.. 100% u can go. :)

Expats yes.  Unless of course you don't have an ECC and have been here for over 6 months ;)  You will then get offloaded.

Unfortunately there are some Filipinos that show everything required, but then still get offloaded.  It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

At least one example was the Filipina going to Australia as a Tourist, had everything except the CFO certificate, and was denied exit, because of it..  That is one example of how wrong it can get.

nope... :P ,,, believe it or not up to you,,blehh! :)

patienceisavirtue wrote:

nope... :P ,,, believe it or not up to you,,blehh! :)

What do you mean by nope?

ABCDiamond wrote:
patienceisavirtue wrote:

Expats yes.  Unless of course you don't have an ECC and have been here for over 6 months ;)  You will then get offloaded.

Unfortunately there are some Filipinos that show everything required, but then still get offloaded.  It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

At least one example was the Filipina going to Australia as a Tourist, had everything except the CFO certificate, and was denied exit, because of it..  That is one example of how wrong it can get.

I was recently told you can get your ECC at the airport the day of departure unlike last year you could not...

vetretreat wrote:

I was recently told you can get your ECC at the airport the day of departure unlike last year you could not...

That would be good if you can.  I had to get one in November last year, no airport option.

However, there are TWO ECC's: A and B.  This may cause confusion.  One of these [ECC-B] can be done at the airport, the other [ECC-A] needs fingerprints and police checks, and takes UP TO 72 hours.  (Mine took 24 hours)

The ECC-A may be secured at the BI Main Office or in select District Offices, Satellite Offices, Field Offices, One-Stop-Shops.
ECC-A is issued to departing holders of Tourist Visas who have stayed for 6 months or more.

The ECC-B may be secured at the BI Main Office or in the airport upon departure.
ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily.

I just checked the official rules, and no changes shown. However, official updates can often take months before they reach the right places ;)

patienceisavirtue wrote:

I am not sure if you understand the immigration controls rules and procedures in the Philippines.

You state that an Expat is 100% guaranteed to NOT be offloaded. You are actually wrong there.

I am an Expat and I was "offloaded" (Denied Boarding) in 2012 as I didn't have an ECC when leaving.  This was a few weeks after the rule was enforced, and I knew nothing about it.  A 6 week old Australian child (born in Philippines) was also denied boarding, as that one needed an ECC too.

Many people with valid Visas are denied boarding. 
This is mainly to do with Human Trafficking, not Visas. It is determined by the officer at the desk who decides if you leave or not. It is not determined by Visa Rules and Regulations.

I saw a Swedish girl denied boarding to go home from Manila, as she didn't have enough cash to pay the exit fee, and they don't take cards.

People with full visas and full documents are offloaded due to human trafficking concerns probably every day.

Leaving the Philippines isn't simple, and you can't give 100% guarantees.  Compensation claims would look interesting with such a guarantee though ;)

what if working visa? with ready direct employer? still chance of offloading?

patienceisavirtue wrote:

what if working visa? with ready direct employer? still chance of offloading?

Yes, it can happen with any Visa. I've heard of that one too.  The Officer at the time must be satisfied that it is genuine, and if the person travelling appears nervous, uncertain etc., then they may be stopped to be on the safe side, to protect from human trafficking.

It even happens when people are travelling to countries where a Visa is not needed.

Offloading has very little to do with having a Visa or not.

vetretreat wrote:

I found something about this.

New topic at: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=509733

As I have stated before if you are a Filipino citizen you do not have the right to leave, for that very reason I would never seek Filipino citizenship, Philippines one of the few that do this, Cuba  and N Korea are a few others

Did your hotel booking show only one room? If your friend is of the opposite sex you can't stay in the same room with him and be only a "friend" ESPECIALLY if he is a foreigner. You should already know this.

Never heard of that I see gays staying in same hotel room  all over

From the Filipino point of view gays get a free pass on this.

Wrong I ask my wife's cousin an attorney with BOI, there is no law against gay in the Philippines as long as 18 years of age, they can also join the military, I saw a few years ago where a finance visa was granted to a gay couple one from the Philippines the other from USA I ask the attorney what happens if they return to Philippines and apply for 13a visa she said the Philippines​ would recognize the marriage but could not answer about the visa, it would have to go to court

So we agree that they get a free pass. In fact, the only thing that your wife's cousin is incorrect about is that Immigration would recognize a gay spouse from an overseas marriage. Not currently happening but possibly in the future?