Not sure where to start - teaching English in Japan

Hi, I want to teach English in Japan - I have a bachelors degree (in English literature) and about to start a CELTA course to study TESOL. My partner is also keen - he is French but fluent in English but no degree and is also looking to do the CELTA course but he has a working holiday visa (I don't because I'm too old!! haha)
After that, I'm not sure where to start!!

Any advice on what location is good for placement, what type of school, how much money is a good salary, and where to go about finding a job would be much appreciated!! We would like to live together (I've noticed some offer accomm but for single occupancy only).
And the other thing is, we want to move over in Feb 2015 - is this a good time to start?

Thanks!! :)

Hello Renza83

While waiting for members to share some tips, I suggest you to read our Living in Japan Guide to gather as much informations to prepare your expatriation project.

Also browsing the forum by 'Forum Categories' found on the right hand side of your screen, will help to read experiences from other members. Sections such as Work, Everyday Life and visas will help considerably.

Regards
Kenjee

You can try in thailand i think , it is more easy then you can go to japan , china by the way it is easy you can teach without dagree and the income is high