Indian food - I'm gagging for a great curry

I've been trying to find a really good Indian place in Jakarta or Tangerang area for ages, but with no real luck.
I'm into north Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi stuff the most, and I like meat - lots of meat - Chicken is best.
Spicy is good.

If you can recommend a really good place, please post the name and address of the restaurant here.

Cheers.

look in Sunter, lots of restos

henkrubus wrote:

look in Sunter, lots of restos

Sunter is a big place - I'd love addresses of places you know to be good.

Fred , Sunter is indeed big, but there is that big main street with the channels left and right, in that area, and Sunter is the biggest community in Jakarta area, its all " Bombay " Indians, there are many many supermarkets and stores, and small resto, also inside the malls, its like a China town for Indian.

I only know a couple of stores, wrote it down somewhere, but know there are also a lot of restos, not the Indian resto like in Jakarta City, dining 4 or 5 stars, there are many of them in Kuningan, Kemang, but the pop and mom supermarkets and small restos are in Sunter.
If you interested about the supermarkets in Sunter let me know, have to look at one of my Hard drives where the files are, but if you know them I do not need to look for them :) also a very very good cheap store which is online is  swastikmart.com , I order regular with them, lots of Indian items hard to get by they have them, they deliver above 50 k at home ! great services polite people great store

The best is :
Queen's Tandor

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/MobileQuer … _Java.html

I have no idea how \i missed the last two posts, but I'm happy I've seen then now.Perhaps you could let me know the name of that street in Suntur - I'll be there.
Top quality restaurants are commonly nice, but small places tend to be more realistic, so that's what I'm most interested in.

I agree that Queen's Tandoor is the best by a long mile. Those gagging for a good indian should go here.

The thread is from years ago and I've found the stuff since then.
Perhaps best to check dates on threads to see if they hold reliance before you post.
This and a couple of other old ones you've dragged up are a bit of a waste of time because the posters you're replying to have long since left the forum.

What are the names of the indian restaurants?

I actually had an amazing Indian meal at lunchtime today, the butter chicken and chicken tikka and tandoori chicken were absolutely amazing. It's better than any of the crappy indian meals I've had in Indonesia with the exception of in Bali which of course has some of the best international cuisine in SE Asia.

Check 'Udupi Shree Krishna restaurant'
Address: RT.13/RW.6, Kebon Kosong, Kemayoran, Central Jakarta City, Jakarta 10630
Its in the TKC apartment premises. There are 2 other Indian restaurants in the same premises which serves Non vegetarian food.

Anusha.U wrote:

Check 'Udupi Shree Krishna restaurant'
Address: RT.13/RW.6, Kebon Kosong, Kemayoran, Central Jakarta City, Jakarta 10630
Its in the TKC apartment premises. There are 2 other Indian restaurants in the same premises which serves Non vegetarian food.

I haven't tried that one but I'll make a point of looking next time I'm in Jakarta, perhaps on Friday.
I'm carnivorous in nature so non-veggie is good for me.