Need info on container

Hi all. I plan to move my furniture to Cuba nest winter. I would need info by someone who did this before. Info on reliable companies and approximate prices. Also if Cuban custom can seize or tax some articles. Your information would me priceless. Thanks

Majito wrote:

Hi all. I plan to move my furniture to Cuba nest winter. I would need info by someone who did this before. Info on reliable companies and approximate prices. Also if Cuban custom can seize or tax some articles. Your information would me priceless. Thanks

For the 'reliable companies' i cant inform, never did that; but for Cuban customs, it dépends, if you are moving to Cuba as a resident, you have the right to send what they call 'menage', that means anything (or almost) you need for a house: furniture, appliances, electronics (limited quantities) etc, free of customs rights. If you want to send a container without being resident, you will pay the customs usual fees

Hi, my family and I are moving to Cuba by next year. We have done some research and made a lot of questions.
In the company CubaMax in Hialeah (there is more locations). Items for a house are $2.49 per lbs. Now this is the news, here in USA you pay the lbs but in Cuba, you need to pay for the taxes in cuc. And of course depending on the items, get a truck to take the items. Everything will take about 30 days but no more than 2 months to get to Cuba. Go online and check them out.

Always Elizabeth

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.

Hi, my name is Elizabeth. I would like to know a little more about the contain. I am married to a Cuban and next year we are leaving to Cuba to live. But we would like to know how to make it cheap sending our things. I found out here, hialeah for $2.49 a lbs. With CubaMax.
Thanks Eli