Can I bring my 48" television thru HCMC airport from the USA without

Can I bring my 48" television thru HCMC airport from the USA without  being hassled or risking my TV.   It cost me $325 USFD about a year aga and I don't use it in the USA.   I would really enjoy using it in Vietnam where I spend 6 months a year.  Some one said that if I put $20 USD in my pass port they will let me thru no problem.   Is this true?  Please, any experiences or advise would help me greatly.
Brian  ****

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : Please don't give your personal email address on the forum for your own security

Accepting bribe is like a candy for some officials. Depends your luck. Otherwise you should pay 2 TV cost which you can buy from here  :)

Hi,

I brought a 40" inch Samsung back from Malaysia into the Ho Chi Minh airport in January. I had it packed in its original box with clear plastic wrap and it survived the trip just fine. Customs didn't say anything about it.

The only time I've been questioned was when i brought in 2 30" computer monitors but i said they were mine for personal use and they let me through.

Cheers.

You should be alright but with customs here you never know.

I once got stopped with 5 iPhones that they wanted me to pay a tax on. I told then they were purchased in Japan and when I left Viet Nam I would be bringing them back with me. I filled at some paper and was on my way.

It may be better if you sell it off in your country and then what ever you make on it, use that for a new one in VN? It may save you alot of hassle with transporting such an item.

Check out the cost of new ones and then do the comparison?

Good luck  :)

What do you intend to watch on the TV when you arrive in Vietnam? Will the cost of say a subscription to Sky or whatever English language channels that are available be cost effective for only 6 months of the year?