Moving to Hiroshima, Japan - 270 000 enough for family of 4?

Hi!

I was offered a teaching job in Hiroshima, Japan with a salary of 270,000 a month. Will this be enough to support myself, my wife and two young children ( 9 and 12 years old)?

How much  is the apartment, utilities, school tuition, groceries?

I am so anxious in moving but I heard a lot of good things.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Ive only travelled to Japan, Tokyo but on holiday there for a few days. I know Japan is an expensive place to live and i hope someone out there can give you a more accurate calculation of living costs in Japan, Hiroshima.

The one thing i did expeience in Japan, the people there were no nice and very helpful, in Tokyo.

I hope you will get the answers youre looking for.

Good luck  :top:

Hello,

I live in Hiroshima with my husband and 2 children and we find certain things to be expensive.

You might scrape by, depending on what school you send your children. Ours go to an international school which is really expensive, next year we are sending them to a Japanese school. I am not sure of the costs of a Japanese school.

We are from Australia which is an expensive country compared to Japan. We find rent, utilities and food cheap here compared to back home.

You might not get to save any money while you are here, but it is sure worth the experience.

Look into schools for your children before making the move. That is by far our biggest cost :)