What should be my first move ?

Lets start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. We are a family of 4, thinking of coming to Strathclyde University in the 2nd half of 2016. What should be my first move in this game? I am not someone who is instinctively decisive!

Hello RFamily,

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

I created a new thread from your post on the Scotland forum.

can you tell us more about your queries ? It will be easier to help you if you have precise questions.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Order of operations,
Do I find a school for the kids first or a place to live? Are rental properties usually furnished, what about linen etc? My husband will be paid his usual salary from his home university so for him it's like a long holiday, I assume no tax obligations. But I hope to work in the UK so do I need to have a bank account, tax agent, drivers licence etc? I know it's almost a year before we come but I feel overwhelmed already.

Hello,
         I have a 4 Bedroom Apartment in Cumbernauld which is only 12 miles from Strathclyde University,and its very close to the train Station for Commuting. There are Schools in the area,but the first priority should be to secure your accommodation wherever you choose to live. Then you would contact the electricity company and telephone or mobile phone provider & sign a contract.
Once You have a base,getting organised will be a lot easier as you can systematically take care of your priority,with the local internet at your disposal.