Omani cuisine

Hi,

When living abroad, tasting the local cuisine is part of discovering the country.

What is your favorite food in Oman?

What is the local speciality?

Share with us the local tastes of Oman and why not your best recipe.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Oman food u can see it close to India cuisine and also gulf cuisine . Salona with white rice , Briani , qaboli and there is special oman cuisine like swa

Omani meat is delicious, there's that irrestible force of delicacy esp Goat meat, I just love how its prepared by the people I live with. Marak* am not sure if thats e correct term*

Boil the meat with onions and Garlic plus salt
-When its ready n soft enoug -Add, tomato paste, maggie cubes n a little pepper.

2. Cooked with lots of Garlic , Black pepper, cinammon powder.  Yummyyyyyyyy.

I prefer deep fried chicken, I dont like fish and sea foods.

There is a weed called Amaranthus-I think its called Savannah here.its very delicious.

Preparations

1-leaves off e stem
2-wash thoroughly to get rid of any dirt
3boil e leaves
4.fry onions and tomatoes
5.mix with e Savannah
6.oh dont forget e salt
7.mix coconut powder with a little water
9.Add to e savannah
10.enjoy

Oh .after boiling e leaves , remove/drain/sieve the water

Just once in a while I do enjoy rice coz its e main food here.so the available becomes e desirable.

Avocado juice

1.cut the avocado
Put e portions in e blender
Add milk n a little sugar
Vrooooommmm.thats the blender sound.

Yummy.

I swear, I never thought of any way of enjoying avocado besides e traditional way till I came to Omani.

Omanis are so adventurous when it comes to stomach business.they make e best out of everything, exploitative with e little they have but they need to control their addiction to sweety stuff

My favourite dish in Oman is Rice and goat meat,

My favourite desert is the Omani sweet with safrin

Forgive you me for recipes

Is it possible to share some pictures of the mentioned dishes?

It makes me curious  :D

from those who likes to taste Omani cuisines I really advise you to visit Kargeen at Madinat Qaboos and Ubar at Shatti Qurm-Bareeq Al Shatti.
Kargeen has got amazing delicious shiwa meet and Omani thin bread with cheese. its yaami

Thank u all 4 ur contributions..
I want to know what is d scenario for Indian food..especially vegetarian!
Is vegetarian food easily available??

I am not a food expert but I know about nutrition as a necessary part of my education that every person should know something about it otherwise if we don't know how to eat or what we should /shouldn't we are simply ignorants and unfaithful to ourselves.
I would rather leave the answer to an Indian fellow or lady ,but having many Indian friends around I leave the vegetarian sCinario and simply tell you that in all malls you find the Indian veg cuisine and u can make ur choice.

Not to forget Indian resturants.

BEWARE ,WATCH THE SPICES