Things to do in Hanoi during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Hanoi?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Hanoi?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

I wrote a lovely article for the Metropolitan Hotel. They did not like it! Ha ha! I suggest that, late at night, 2-5 am; go to Hoan Keim Lake and observe people there, buy some drink and relish in the "pure" Vietnamese of the place! Many people are doing many things!

Next, go along that road with the mosaic murals (Yen Phu, going north, and Nghi Tam are part of it. I can't remember the name of the road before Yen Phu. No cars and you can look at your leisure!

Good luck

At the weekends, you ought to some places have pure asmostphere: Hoan Kiem lake, Tay Lake, Thong Nhat park, botanical garden ... or you can go shopping: Royal city, Parkson, Time City... or you can go out Ha Noi: Bat Trang, Asia resort and Spa, ..

1. If you enjoy walking around, Sword Lake and Old Quarters are pretty nice area to do a walking tour, both in daylight and evening.
2. If you like cycling take your bicycle for a round at West Lake (the road is around 17km long).
3. Street food tour is a nice idea but make sure you find a partner that loves food as much as you do :)
4. Arrange a cycling tour to Bat Trang and have the original paper rice cakes there. This only takes from morning to afternoon.
5. There are lots of Flea Markets at weekend. Find your information on facebook events or ticketbox.vn
6. If you like football/soccer, there's a nice pub on Ba Trieu street for the fans, named O'learys. Very big, nice and chilled-European pub style.
7. You can try Karaoke if you want haha.
8. Paintball games.
9. Take your bikes and ride to Ninh Binh, Tam Dao or just Soc Son and Ba Vi. Those are cool places very near to Hanoi for a short road trip.
10. Names of some nice bars & pubs: Level10, Eden, Hair of the Dog, Base, Hangover, Le Pub, Madake (very nice & chilled), Light house (not sure if this one still open) ... google or facebook those for more information. Eden, Madake & Light House are the only bars opens till 3 or 4am.

That's all I can come up with right now.