Unfurnished flat or house to rent?

looking for unfurnished flat, house , also anyone know any storage places where we can put our furniture when it arrives from oversea, we dont mind to live in pp or sihanoukville ,or kampot  can pay the reasonable rates but not to expensive, ths

Sorry, I don't know any place. But I am going to ship some suff over also. Could you please tell how your are shipping your stufffff and how much you are paing persay Kilo or for a container etc?  Thank you so much, regard Nick

@ daveglen3000 > Concerning your query on accommodation, i invite you to have a look at these two following sections :

- Flats for rent in Cambodia

- Houses for rent in Cambodia

There are some offers which has been posted, you might find something interesting there. If not, you still have the option of posting an ad.

Thanks and good luck,

Priscilla  :cheers:

One thing that is currently not available in Cambodia yet, are storage facilities for personal effects.

Have you been to Cambodia before? If not I'd suggest you spend an extended period of time here before shipping all of your personal effects over, and make a firm decision whether you really want to live here, and which city or town you want to live in.

Once you have decided where you want to settle, I would suggest you do the following;

- Arrive at least 2 weeks prior to your personal effects
- Stay in a centrally located guest house
- Get to know the area and decide which part of town you would lie to live in
- Ride around looking for 'To Rent' signs (they will be in Khmer, so learn the script for to rent). Take pictures of the signs, make a note of the address.
- Have a local call the numbers, find out details about the property, cost of rent, power, water, etc...
- Arrange to view the properties you are interested in, take your local friend with you.
- Go over the property meticulously, check everything works, come back in the evening to see how noisy the neighbourhood is, etc...
- Always negotiate, prices are never fixed unless specifically stated. As a foreigner the price will always be inflated, that's why you get a local to call and find out their starting price before going to view the property.
- Make sure to get a translation of the lease agreement before signing, if there is anything you are not happy with then don't sign.

But....if that is too much effort, then you can go through an agency, but be warned, rental prices through agencies are  grossly over-inflated.

Good luck with your move if thats what you decide to do

ths , for your welcome advice, we are living here now6 weeks, renting an apartment for 3 mths, brought  a new motor bike , for shooting about, to a to b.(even though me and glenda never rode one befor)had it now 4 days and we live  222 street , 10mins to riverside ,also 10mins central market, rode bike to riverside and back 3 times , no one dead ,         yet, hehe. we brought condo  mekon towers 2, which maybe built
oct 30, but we think not finished till feb march, . but our furniture can be arriving any moment from ausi, so we have to place it somewhere?. so maybe we have  to find unfurnished acomodation.  any ideas, we been here 2 times befor (this year also )then made the decision to sell up and live here. so here we are , for better or worst, in for a penny , in for a pound. cherrs any suggestions. dave and glenda.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi my name is Nick, I see you bought a condo, can you give me some information on that. Like how much should I expect to pay, where's it best to buy and the like. A friend wants to get one too, so I'm looking. Thank you