How to make friends in Prague

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Prague :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Prague??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Facebook has been a great tool for me to meet people, especially working from home during most of my time in Prague.

...i have made more friends and found more useful info through Expat-blog.  the site mentioned above is too vague and big for me.

but loneliness is still in yours hearts. Why?

Hi, I would like to meet spanish friends living in Prague and single girl-friend for learning and practicing spanish and also for friendship and spending free time together :-). I will be glad if anybody drop me message. Vlastik

Vlastik beat me on what I found to be the best way to meet new people (especially locals): make yourself available as a language conversation partner. To easily turn it into a friendship, offer free or traded services. I let a few people know that I was willing to teach English and all of a sudden my days were full with coffee and nice conversation (my students are much more interested in practicing conversation than listening to me teach).

I joined the International Women's Association of Prague (IWAP). The membership is trending younger these days. I especially like the photography club and working on the magazine (writing, layout, etc).

I've gotten to meet Olbram Zoubek in his private studio, have a private tour of the National Theater, things that aren't available to the general public, and I've made good friends. Last year, the group met David Cerny. Wish I'd joined sooner.

je viens de m'installer et le meilleur façon de faire des nouveaux amis c'est Expat/ou faceb..

Hi MAGH06200!

As you are on the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand

Nice, am Nigerian and i love to make friends from prague

I'm from Japan. I'm studying the medicine in Prague. I'm looking for friends.
Please be my friends.

Heloo!
I dont speek so good english .... sorry! I want to visit the nice city Prague with my family and .... I can to accommodate a family of Czech Republic in my flat in Sibiu! Sibiu is a nice place in Roumania!
  I looking a friends of Prague to visit their city and ... them visit my city.

i think going to a gym .. or some club .. maybe a bar .. nightclub .. soccer .. it will be fine :D

HI!
soooo..facebook huh?! damn it .. not registered there but if you know of any groups/meetings/ heck i don't know .. anything! As beautiful this city is (minus the no customer service and no variety for ANYTHING ..mainly shopping ..its horrible) this city is boring! especially when you are a mommy! =-( so if anything or anyone comes in mind .. please let me know!
Appreciate it
-Malika

how about if you are a mother?! .. so difficult =-/  .. if you know of mommy groups/meetings…anything! please do let me know ..losing my mind here
thanks!
-Malika

haha this is soo true ...sooo funny and yet soo sad all in one :D