Indonesian just move to London looking for a job

miawmeaw wrote:

thanks for your opinion :)
I'm wearing a headscarf but it is not like those conservative muslim people wear.
I've been to UK this March, and saw a lot of muslim girl in London who wear headscarf.
anyway. I know it's not that easy to find a job there and ask for sponsorship for working visa, but will it be easier if I have a visa for a spouse and apply job there?

The visa will be hard work.
Too many unemployed people in the UK.
As has been mentioned, an Indonesian degee probably won't be accepted by many UK employers.
How about your TEFL score?

Hi,
I'm moving to UK next year to join my fiancee/future husband. Surely I'll look for a job there. Do I need to put my visa status on my CV? Maybe just to increase my chance of getting hired? And what is the name of FB group for Indonesian community in London?
Many thanks.

If you are legally entitled to work in the UK, I'd strongly advise mentioning this on your application letter or CV, perhaps with a photocopy of your visa/passport page to prove it.

Employers can get into serious trouble if they hire illegal workers, so that's essential information.

Many outside EU may have a dream working in UK but little do they realise their biggest obstacle is work permit. Anyone who hires illegal worker will be fined upto 20000 pounds (per illegal staff) and might be put in jail too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … ounce.html

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

You didn't just move to the UK, you lied to our border officers that you were here for tourism and were given 90 days in our country. You are not a resident here and you will not find illegal work. Please return to your home country and consider running an online business if the economic prospects are bad

420weblazeit wrote:

You didn't just move to the UK, you lied to our border officers that you were here for tourism and were given 90 days in our country. You are not a resident here and you will not find illegal work. Please return to your home country and consider running an online business if the economic prospects are bad

Depends who you're taking about but that doesn't apply to the OP who entered legally.

Fred wrote:

Depends who you're taking about but that doesn't apply to the OP who entered legally.

At the border, you are asked what the purpose of your entry is. If you declare that you are a tourist, when your intention is to look for work, this is illegal

Edit: Indonesians need visas to visit the UK even for the purposes of tourism. He lied at the embassy. He knew what he was in for.

420weblazeit wrote:
Fred wrote:

At the border, you are asked what the purpose of your entry is. If you declare that you are a tourist, when your intention is to look for work, this is illegal

I'm trying to work out who you mean.
Perhaps you could identify the poster and post number you're talking about.

I've looked at the thread but I didn't notice any posts that declared any illegal activity but I'm tired so I could have missed it.

Fred, I presume Mohammad here is the Indonesian who came to the UK (if he doesn't already have work, how else would he enter the UK?) and so this is a response indirectly to all Indonesians in the UK who live in the UK without a job

420weblazeit wrote:

Fred, I presume Mohammad here is the Indonesian who came to the UK (if he doesn't already have work, how else would he enter the UK?) and so this is a response indirectly to all Indonesians in the UK who live in the UK without a job

NO posters on this thread have suggested any illegal activity of any sort.
One post was moderated as it was in Indonesian, not because it involved illegal activity.

Many Indonesians without work can apply to live in the UK and later work legally so there's no suggestion any poster on this thread is doing anything illegal.
Some are in the UK for education, others for artistic reasons (met several this morning at a UK government run event) and a lot because of marriage, all the above being able to work legally at least part time.

You're assuming he is illegal but assumption commonly leads to errors, as it could well in this case.
You're an educated chap but education is rather useless without opening your mind to possibilities.
I think it was Forbes who suggested education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.

just inform me about agency to london and how to find a easy job there

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post only in English on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Eka Silva Kartika wrote:

Hi Eka and welcome to the Forum. :)

You've posted this in the English language section of the Forum; to try and get the best possible response to our Forum members questions, we ask that you only post in English here.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Cynic
Expat Team

apa khabar. im from KL and moved to manchester 6 years ago and hope to be able to sort you out as i know a few people here and there all around uk. london, the best bet of a temporary fast job is as a chef if u r good at cooking for now.

i would apply for freelance translations and teach languages. what did u teach? i think its bullshit that your degree is not recognised here. teaching experience is teaching experience. have u considered a less expensive town?

london mahal... should aim for liverpool perhaps or stoke..
good luck. i ade kawan di london if u r very stuck...

celine.belli wrote:

i think its +++++ that your degree is not recognised here. teaching experience is teaching experience.

I don't.
Many Indonesian unis are simply not up to the standard of UK institutions so their degrees are not of the same quality.

Hi all, I am an accounting graduate from Indonesia and I have 7 years of working experience in multinational companies like Ernst & Young, Citibank, and Manulife Asset Management. Currently I'm just running an online business.

I know the chance is nearly impossible but I really really wish I could get a job sponsorship in London. My question is, will it increase my chance if I stay in London for 1 month to look for job sponsorships? Or is it just a waste of money and the chance is just the same if I do that from my country?

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You should be aware that the UK is being very strict on accepting immigrants from outside the EU.  The only work you can apply for are from those professions listed on the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.

Legally, you can't look for work while in the UK on a tourist visa and if you said this to the Immigration officer when he/she asks you this question on arrival, or if they happened to search your luggage and find job-seeking paraphernalia (CV's, letters from to potential employers etc), they would probably assume the worst and send you back on the plane you just arrived on.

That said, if you arrived as a Tourist and just happened to find someone willing to sponsor your work visa in one of those provisions I referred to, then there would be nothing to stop you going back to Indonesia, then applying from there.  Under no circumstances would you be allowed to remain in the UK while the process went through.

Not sure I've helped you very much, but I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi yenni, I'm indonesian woman too and ive been wanting to move to london for quite some time now. Ive been looking for jobs in london but till now no call or anything. If i get one and they willing to sponsor my visa i will go right away and move there. Is there anyone who can get me a job in london or maybe some tips to get it? Ive been looking for 4 months now guys help a sister out :(

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Your big problems are getting a work permit and terrible unemployment problems in the UK.
If you have special skills, your chances are improved a lot but most of us normal humans are going to have a bit of a game finding legal work.
Watch out for scammers trying to get cash out of you. The big giveaway is if they ask for payments of any sort, usually for work permits or visa fees.

Yeah okay good tips. But is there anyone here can help me find a job or refer me to potential employers? I did indeed reed jobstreet glassdoor all that and still no answer. I tried to bring indonesian language to the table too to narrow it down but still. Can anyone help me here? :(

Did you get anything angga?

Hey everyone :) I've seen your concerns about finding a job in the UK. Since you are not EU citizens, I'd suggest to apply only for jobs ads where it's mentioned that offer visa sponsorship. The rest of them will reject you automatically.

Also, in the UK, employers use applicant tracking systems to filter the CV's. This means that your CV must contain the relevant keywords in order to be read by a recruiter. In case you want to skip the entire process of writing your CV for British employers, ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Iovita wrote:

Hey everyone :) I've seen your concerns about finding a job in the UK. Since you are not EU citizens, I'd suggest to apply only for jobs ads where it's mentioned that offer visa sponsorship. The rest of them will reject you automatically.

Also, in the UK, employers use applicant tracking systems to filter the CV's. This means that your CV must contain the relevant keywords in order to be read by a recruiter. In case you want to skip the entire process of writing your CV for British employers, ***

Hi Iovita,

I suggest you place the ad for your CV writing service business in the Business Directory and the Classified Ads section (top of the page).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi, you know what you so luck to find a Job in the UK, I check the list of positions that they need and nothing matched my skills, this is so frustrating.. :(

Hi

My advice is register for jobs with more than three job agencies.

and you will be lucky enough.

can u do cleaning ?
may get u somffin

Hi Fred,

It seems that you understand a lot about immigration law and give sound advice about some questions posted. I was wondering as in your previous thread you mentioned that it would be easier for Chinese -Indonesian to get a job in the UK. How could it be? I studied for my Master in London and found some Brits have rather negative perceptions for the Chinese or those with Chinese look (although they are not from China).

Secondly, have you any idea too of how challenging it might be for non-EU citizens to open a business in the UK, particularly after Brexit? I am planning to set up a business there and come with Tier 1 visa rather than applying jobs or marrying a guy. Thank you very much for your reply.

hi! may I ask how you were able to get a visa without a job offer sponsored?
I wish you good luck in your search :)

May i ask u how u got ur work permitted visa?
My friend is indonesian and also wants to come here and work.
For jobs try indeed.. I found a job straight away from there and i m Iraqi.

Ash8989 wrote:

May i ask u how u got ur work permitted visa?
My friend is indonesian and also wants to come here and work.
For jobs try indeed.. I found a job straight away from there and i m Iraqi.

This is an old post/thread, maybe you should start a new post to get better coverage.

SimCityAT
Expat Team