Customer service in romania do you feel like a number or a client

Can anyone tell me why Customer service is so bad here in romania? is it the wages or is it just a case of whats avaliable??

I think part of it is poor wages, also a part is due to poor management and a lack of understanding of what good customer service practices consist of.  In many cases, they just don't care as long as you pay your bill.  They don't make the connection between good customer service and increased profits

Customer service in our bank, builders merchant, electrical shop etc are excellent, in fact, it seems that as long as they're assured your repeat custom it's fine. Loads of times i've rung companies or Government departments for help or advice & had the phone put down on me. E'mail help desks are just as bad. Woe betide if anything you have brought breaks. We got a replacement for the wi-fi router after 15 days which is a fat lot of good when you live in a small village & really need it. The cable company AKTA are first rate & even came out at 9pm on a Sunday night. We've had the suppliers out to the water treatment system 4 times in less than 2 years. Every time they give a different reason it's failed. I honestly think that they make them up! A lot of the problem seems to be poor build quality & built in obsolescence. Most Romanian electrical items fail just after the guarantee runs out. Quality does not seem to be a priority.

well my friend you guys are 1 in a million
so far i have got nothing but the biggest line they know{i  dont know}
In canada i have never experienced a sales person talk back at you or make you feel like a piece of .....
glad to hear you are recieving some good customer experience..

Chefpjd1 wrote:

well my friend you guys are 1 in a million
so far i have got nothing but the biggest line they know{i  dont know}
In canada i have never experienced a sales person talk back at you or make you feel like a piece of .....
glad to hear you are recieving some good customer experience..

Don't get too down.  It does happen (at least occasionally for me) that someone great comes along and really helps.  This week a power tool I had stopped working, I couldn't find the receipt or warranty card but I knew I bought it at Dedeman.  I went to their service shop, explained the situation, and the guy took my tool, opened it up and fixed it right on the spot while I watched, and wouldn't allow me to pay for the repair, other than the 5 lei part that needed to be replaced.

Unfortunately, this kind of service really isn't the norm here, but it does happen once in a while, often when you give up hope :)