New bank account on Gib

Hello there!

I've just learn that I won't be able to keep my current UK NatWest bank account on Gib and will have to open a new one.

Does anybody know, what the Gib NatWest require to open it? ( what kind of documents, etc..)

Many thanks!

Frankie

That's odd.  Since I moved to Gib, I've changed my contact details with Natwest to a Gibraltar address and telephone number and they were fine with it.

When I went to the Natwest here, they did say that they operate separately. But they have authority to carry out certain processes on behalf of Natwest UK, such as security document review and internal mail.

I have heard that there is a waiting list for a Natwest account, but it's probably not as long as the waiting list at most other local banks.  Some of the banks here will only take you on if you are depositing £xm. When I was in the local branch, they asked me if I wanted to apply for a Natwest Gibraltar account, so I got the impression that the waiting list couldn't be that long.

Thank you for your reply!

Actually , I called the bank and they said that I can keep the current UK account, but there might be some charges applicable when receiving  salary from  Gib company to my UK account and obviously, the employer may deduct that from it. Don't know how much it would be, but certainly,  would not want to pay any unnecessary charges anywhere.

However, the best option would be to open a new account at Gib NatWest anyway  I think.