How difficult is to open a corp. banking account in SG for foreigner?

Hi,
I am not resident SG, but I would like to register LLC there. That seems to me easy, if I will use a profesional company.
But what about to open business banking account? In a lot of countries it is much more difficult to open corp. banking account for foreigners then registration a company.
What all will I need? Which kind of documents..how long time does it takes the proces?
Can your recommended for my a bank in SG, with cheap montly fees or a bank where the process can go smoothly..pls share your experience.

I will need a banking account in SG dollars, international payment card and internet banking. No other special services..

Thank you.

Hi lajka007!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

with your register account, I believe you can open a corporate account easily with any bank. The opening amt I believe is 20,000 if I am not mistaken.

Just bring the Accra that has you as the director and your legal status card, your LTVP or Dependent Pass & Passport should be sufficient

Hi

As someone who recently opened a corporate account in Singapore I can share my experience.

Firstly -you may be aware that in order to open a company in Singapore you need to have a local Director that has employment pass or is Singaporean / PR. 

To open the bank account it was very easy.  I used MayBank and they have a minimum deposit of only S$1000.  You need your passport, Memo of Incorporation documents and about half an hour.  I went with the local director, although I imagine it could be done separately.    International Payment card is another matter though - you don't get a debit card with some business accounts in Singapore and thats the case with MayBank.  You can get account with credit card from HSBC and other international banks but they wanted $S5000 as a FEE just to open the account - i am unsure what the other requirements were.  I fear you will struggle to get an account for a new company with a credit card - the business has no credit history and its a big risk to the banks.

Can you not manage without a debit / credit card?  Cheques and Giros payment still seem to be used a lot in Singapore,

Hope this helps.