Treated timber needed

Hi all,

I have already asked this question last year but had no replies so am hoping someone may have come across what we need which is treated timber to replace rotting balcony rails. We live close to Borovets but will travel if we can get what we are looking for. Hope someone out there knows of somewhere we can purchase this.

Best wishes
Sylvia

Hi I remember you asking this question, would it not be possible for you to buy untreated timber then treat it yourself? It might be a bit long winded but then at least you would know how much treatment the wood had, maybe somebody can help out? Good luck Steve.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your suggestion but I am afraid we have already tried this with are decking. I have given it many coats of viochel which is quite expensive but its not that good, the thing about pretreated timber is that it is treated under pressure so it gets through the wood. It is looking as though we will have to continue with this method though.
Best wishes Sylvia

Yes I understand, I worked in a timber yard for a bit they had a "tanaliser" not sure on the spelling but it treated the timber, you had to put the timber on a little track then you'd shunt it with your forklift truck into a sealed metal chamber, it was always quite a task if it rained as the treatment would make the area slippy.
Maybe you could try an email the DIY stores they may now suppliers that can get you the timber?
Regards Steve.