Looking for a good Yoga center around KL

hello everyone, i'm looking for good center in KL to learn about Yoga, could anyone advice me about some locations? thank you in advance.  :)

If you look at this directory of Buddhist associations in Malaysia, find one near where you live, and contact them to ask what classes they offer, or which they know are available in the neighbourhood.

http://parami.org/mbdo/

ok Gravitas  :top:  , thank you so much.

Well that brings up an old sore. Muslims were banned from yoga in 2008 and the government somewhat reversed that stand after so much backlash. I think its left today as "highly discouraged." In case any expat wonders about things like bans, here is a article link to explain some of it.
http://cilisos.my/7-ridiculous-things-t … as-banned/

In any case, any Buddhist temple will know the classes and they are easy to find. My Chinese friends say there are several types of yoga available, as do Indians. Problem is that many of the classes dont stay in one place for very long so if you find one, grab it quick.

There is some "softening" of cultural grey areas I tend to think, as shown with Ramli Ibrahim (sacred dancer) getting his Datukship.

thank you cvco for mentioning this issue.
actually i'm not Buddist, but want to practice some yoga exercises, is it important being buddist to practice yoga exercises?

Yoga is just a form of exercise and it has numerous different types and forms. It depends whether you want to practice it for body strength, control, balance, relaxation, or spiritual enlightenment. Everyone does it for their own reasons. Just google yoga to find out the different streams so you know which one suits your purposes.

If religion is getting in the way, just take a look at the websites of some of the fitness studios as they very often offer classes - but once again, it will depend on the instructor what approach. I don't think you can completely separate yoga from personal development, but you will find out more.

There are of course "beliefs" around yoga about chi i.e. spiritual energies that substand and pervade the human form.

thank you too much Gravitas, :)  I appreciate your clarification.
i'll read more about it to precise which kind of yoga exercises are appropriate for me.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : share your personal details in private pls