Check my DP10 status

Hi, Can you pls help with the link or website from where i can check my DP10 status as i am having application / reference number with me which was applied on 22-Jul-15. Thanking you in anticipation.

VikramJain - there is no access for the applicant - only the company that is requesting the DP10 permission to hire a foreigner.

Applications take about 2 months. So its very early. The 5 working days is when a decision is taken and the Visa with Reference is authorized. So you will have to be patient.

Hi thanks alot for prompt update really appreciate it..i am having 60 days notice period in my current organistaion so should i take chance and initiate my exit process in my current organisation.

That's a tough question. If the company has other foreign employees it would suggest they have got their paperwork in place i.e. they already quality to hire foreign staff. You could ask them if you are the first. If you are, then I would be a little concerned whether they have the right company set up or paid up capital to hire foreigners. I guess asking them some questions will gauge the progress. Perhaps also you can agree a shorter notice period. I think this situation happens to most people to relocate. I just think its a bit of a different climate these days as rules are becoming stricter and to be honest salaries in Malaysia are much less attractive because of exchange rates and also Cost of Living rising. A minimum salary for a single to come to Malaysia has to be RM7-7.500 per month or at least twice their current salary.

Hi, thanks for valuable inputs. As per my knowledge i will be third expat in the company. Also my salary will be 11000-12000 RM. I will be coming with wife hope i get DP-11 so that she can also work.
Request for your views.

Just a small clarification VikramJain, at the salary level you can bring a dependent. She cannot automatically work though. The process for her will be similar to yours. She will need to find a job. If her type of work is very employable, then getting a job quickly and then applying for an employment pass similar to yours is one option.  Otherwise, she you will just proceed and get the dependent pass. Once she has a job offer, the dependent pass is stamped by immigration with the right to work. i.e. without the stamp its not possible to work. It does not cost anything to get the stamp, its just that immigration need to keep track of which foreigners are working or not.

I still think you are going to be waiting about 2 months before your DP10 application is done. Unfortunately we have just had Ramadan and Eide which slows down things and we are heading towards two more national holidays. I hope it goes quicker for your sake. One issue may be the company's quota to hire foreigners (i.e. proportion v. locally recruited staff).

Hi thanks a lot once again..I believe i will get her and post that she can search for job and once she get it we can apply for employment pass (which can be taken care by the employer or by us as it will not attract any additional fees and just a formality to have records of the expat employee.

I assume my employer will not run out of quota for foreign employee as including me it will be only three (to the best of my knowledge), so will you recommend to (i am repeating the same question probably) to initiate the exit process with current employer.

Also i want to know what will be my tax liability, as in i have to pay 25% initially and once i will complete 182 days it will be brought down i will get rebate / refund.

The tax rules are complicated when joining at the end of the tax year, but you will still need to do 182 days before the stepped tax deductions begin. Tax equalisation is done in March/April following the end of the tax year in question. However, it is possible to request early equalisation buts its a hell of a process and mountain of paperwork. Just think of overpaid tax as an investment as it does earn interest. Quotas are just what they say, proportion of foreigners to locals and amount of paid up capital.  If its a MHC or large company there should be no problem. As there are all sorts of stages, I would wait until at least the company has the green light to hire you - but its preference at the end of the day. Hopefully the company is being transparent and helping you to make the decision. Ask them for the earliest sign that the post application will go through.

You can brush up on local tax rules here - its a good site

http://www.hasil.gov.my/index.php?lgv=2

Hi, can you help with how the taxation will work considering i am there for atleast 2 years as over the link that you have mentioned i was able to find out slab only for 182 days. Also i will go by what you explained and will consider it as investment only.
Not able to understand what MHC meant, i would say company is transparent to me. What should i ask them in order to know to make them understand about the earliest sign / green light to go ahead for taking be on board.

Sorry its as typo - should read MNC (multi-national company). They always have sufficient paid up capital to hire foreigners and do not usually run into quota issues.

The normal tax slab is shown on the site:

http://www.hasil.gov.my/goindex.php?kum … mp;sequ=11

Hi, on the given website i am getting "Tiada Maklumat Untuk Dipaparkan" which i believe means "No Information To Display".

Its an MNC also can you pls help with "What should i ask them in order to know to make them understand about the earliest sign / green light to go ahead for taking be on board."

Sorry to bother you.. :)

Come on - you are a grown up, how are you going to survive in Malaysia if you cant find out how to do a simple task or ask a simple question????????? - ask them for immediate confirmation once your recruitment has been authorised.

You work out tax on your annual salary. You apply the bands shown below. You then divide by 12 to get the monthly deduction.

Tax steps on annual salary (i.e. 12 x monthly salary) are:
0-5,000                    0%                                                 
5,000-10,000      1%  which equals RM50
10,001-20,000    1%  +RM50
20,001-35,000    5%  +RM750
35,001-50,000   10%  +RM1,500
50,001-70,000   16% +RM3,200
70,001-100,000   21% +RM6,300
100,001-250,000  24% +RM36,000
250,001-400,000  24.5% +RM36,750
Exceeding 400 000  25%  +RM?

It seems bit unreasonable, as consider RM 12,000 per month which is RM 1,44,000 Per Annum, so if we go by slab "100,001-250,000  24% +RM36,000" then are we saying 24% of RM 1,44,000 i.e. RM 34,560  + RM36,000 which will be RM 70,560.

Ok will check with them for confirmation.. :):P

No. Basically you pay the percentage shown on the earnings that fall within that bracket.  Only the highest proportion will you pay 24% i.e. 100,001-250,000. In your case it would be RM 44,000 @ 24% added to the addition of the figures (last column on right).

Then divide by 12 for monthly deduction.

Hi VikramJain > just to inform you that i created a new topic as from your posts on the Malaysia forum for a better visibility. ;) All the best.

Hey Gravitas, i have checked the status on

https://eservices.imi.gov.my/myimms/PDS … odule=jkpd

and it says approve and name of the previous employes who are on board now it is showing as approve so can we consider it as approve and go ahead.

Sorry, cant really say as I have never seen this database. There are two parts to the DP10 process. 1. approval of the post. 2. approval of the person.  If you can see which has been approved, then it would be clearer. Otherwise ask your HR for clarification.

Hi, that database / site is showing post and person both in the same line and showing approve as the status. Though has asked HR to check and confirm.

Good idea. Looks like its going ahead if you are willing. So it does show your name? I am just a bit concerned that it shows the previous approval perhaps for the post i.e. the person who earlier or currently occupies it. This detail is what needs clarification from the HR.

Yes it is showing my name and rest of the details under below mention heads:

No
Application Date
Company Registration No.
Name
Job   
Pass Date
Result

Have asked HR to confirm and waiting for their reply

Great - it does sound very promising.

Thanks Christine..the blog is really helpful..looking forward to be in KL soon..will keep on bothering you guys..thanks a lot for all the help and efforts..cheers.. :D

I think its great to hear of a recruitment that went so smoothly and quickly. The reason is probably because the company hiring you is professional and already had their Profile and documents sorted out so where able to submit a very clean application which was easy to process with no need to back referrals (which end up making things complex and lead to misunderstandings).

Please keep in touch, because it will be good to know how the process proceeds. Whether you are going to have to get a visa with reference (VDR) or not. To be honest, it takes time and effort to get and unless the company insists its just as easy to arrive on a normal social/tourist visa. However, if you do that, hand carrying all your correspondence as proof you are leaving India to take up a job offer is important to carry with you when you travel.

Immigration is getting tighter these days I think everyone will agree. So do follow the advice of the employer.

Hey Gravitas thanks a lot for all the prompt revert and guidance, will keep you guys posted on the progress.

Hi Gravitas, i just now got the update from HR stating that the site which i have mentioned is having the status from the approval authority for taking expat and they are referring it as DP10 or stage 1. Also they mentioned that now it is under stage 2 i.e. employment pass and they referred it as DP11.

Somehow i am not finding it as convincing as what i know is DP11 is for dependant. Request you to pls share your view.

No its OK DP11 is the process to approve the applicant. It takes place after DP10 (approval of the post). So they are looking at your qualifications, job spec, salary, experience, previous attempts to advertise the post for a Malaysian, etc.  Once they have approved YOU, then the process is confirmed. The second part of the DP11 is done after you arrive in Malaysia. As mentioned a part of DP11 can be a visa with reference (VDR) to get you into the country. DP11 once you arrive is the submission of your passport to immigration for the sticker to be inserted onto one of the pages.

Thanks, i believe the sticker can be stick on passport with the consulate within my existing country.
Also i searched the link wherein you can check DP11 status:

https://eservices.imi.gov.my/myimms/inqApplEmpPassSts

Let's see how long it is going to take.

No - the employment pass is only placed in the passport in Malaysia.  The visa with reference (VDR) is always placed in the passport in your current location to facilitate entry, i.e. it replaces the application for a visa.

This part is probably going to take a bit longer, especially if the VDR needs to be authorised.

pay your  taxes buddy.. do not complaint.. for that kind of salary figure, its reasonable to pay tax at 24% or watever... in europe taxes are up to 30, 40 or 50%...

there are more people in malaysia and in the world incl in USA who earn pittance...
learn to be gracious n gratitude to employer n your luck n God..

Hi Guys!!
Finally i am in Malaysia and i am loving it.
Though the process was bit time consuming and few holidays and festivals were there which added bit of delay as well.
Just for quick information DP11 took almost 2 and half months.

My office is at KL Sentral, looking for accommodation