Safety in Croatia

Hi,

We would like to talk about a sensitive but important topic: do you feel safe in Croatia?

How would you define the level of safety in the country?

Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?

Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?

Share with us your insight on safety in Croatia and in the city you live in.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Safety in Croatia is uncompared. There is an adequate security measure and what is most important is that the people were also good, friendly, expecially the yong ones, they were accomodating and this make it to be a safe state in one of the balkan area.

I am pleased that someone has posed this question as we have found the streets of Split and Dubrovnik, in particular, to be remarkably safe to navigate day and night.
I have lived in six major American cities,  two in Great Britain, and four cities in mainland Europe, before relocating to Split. While every city has several highlights to recommend them, Croatia is the most welcoming and pleasant country my family have lived in.
The first few days in country--Split--we became lost while driving around town. The first person walking that we spotted, I rolled down the window to ask directions. The kind man we asked was concerned his directions would be too hard for us to follow, so he hopped in the car with us to direct us safely to our hotel's entrance.
That was just the first of many overtures the lovely people of Croatia have extended to us.
Knock wood I have not experienced a safety crisis, yet I never worry of my children's safety in Split.

Safe environment and many helpful people in Croatia.