Phi Mai Lao

For all you new and not so new members can you please post how Lao new year went for you. Where did you go and what did you do to participate in this special event. 
Did you have family with you, with friends or on your own.
I for one was not in Laos this time and as I have celebrated many new years there before, it was planned this way. :)

My Lao family had a great time with extended family in Southern Lao and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  :D

Chock dee pii mai. Went to 9 temples today and got wet.

vientianeboy wrote:

Chock dee pii mai. Went to 9 temples today and got wet.

Chock dee pii mai. 
Temples get heaps of visitors and millions of litres of water gets tossed around.... :lol:

After many years of both Thai and Lao Songkran/Pi Mai water madness and parties, it's definitely better to be somewhere else and let them get on with it!

Was my first in Laos, so needless to say I got drunk & wet.  Loved it!  I can see how the novelty could wear off though...

paulyp wrote:

Was my first in Laos, so needless to say I got drunk & wet.  Loved it!  I can see how the novelty could wear off though...

It certainly does wear a bit thin after a time. First time for me was 1967. Now I tend to be somewhere else.

Where are you at the moment Stumpy, in Oz or Vientiane?  I hope to be back in V in a month or 2.  Have you found work yet?

In VT at moment.No job yet.
Possibly heading to NZ soon to catch up with my dad.

We are off topic so feel free to PM me.