I've just recently moved to KL from London

Hi guys

I've just recently moved to KL from London.  It's all very new and different for me and being on my own from family is weird. Would love to meet some of you who know this place so much better than me. I do love a slice of cake and a cup of tea.  Message me any one is down.

Sophia

Hey Sophia

Welcome to KL!

whereabouts are you? Are you here for work?

going to anywhere foreign is exciting yet scary, so totally understand!

Hiya

Yeah I am here for work. Teaching. I'm staying in Bangsar at the moment but I will be moving to Demansara Perdana. Whereabouts are you?

Sophia

Hi Sjam88 and kelkeller,

I have created a new thread with your recent posts on Kuala Lumpur Forum for a better interaction.

Thank you 

Stéphanie

Hi there! I am a malaysian but I had lived in Australia for the past 6 years, so definitely know your feelings being alone in a new place. I am a music teacher and I live quite near to Damansara Perdana. Let me know if you and anyone else who like to meet up for a cuppa? :D

Sien

Okay. Hope to see u sound
I am staying in cyberjaya doing my Master studies

Hi peeps,

I plan to move in KL this September. I am a teacher and will also be looking for some assistance in finding a place near my work in Brickfields. Anyone? Thanks :)

sien 07 August 2015 01:40:38
Hi there! I am a malaysian but I had lived in Australia for the past 6 years, so definitely know your feelings being alone in a new place. I am a music teacher and I live quite near to Damansara Perdana. Let me know if you and anyone else who like to meet up for a cuppa? :D

Sien

Hi Sien!

Welcome home :)

Do you work around Damansara Perdana too?
I'm also a music teacher! :p

Could meet up for cuppa sometime too to relive the old KL times haha

Kelly

Hi Sophia. I'd love to chat and help you out where possible.

I can definitely show you some pointers.
Regards
Lawrence

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hi Kelly, that sounds perfect especially we both are in the same field! I teach quite a lot around Damansara and Mont kiara area. Are you in the same area too? Do you teach most days? I'm quite flexi during weekdays so yep let's do a cuppa when you are good. xx

Dear Sophia,

Know the feelings since ourselves also just relocated from Canada.So much have changed, we are strangers in our own city.
Being born and raised locally however helps substantially to navigate from A To B with daily horrendous traffic gridlocks at every nook and corner.

Would like to assist in anyway possible to minimise your integrating experiences and settling issues.If you are patient and forgiving type you may begin to enjoy and love this emerging "megapolis" sooner than you think.

Do get in touch & probably shares some constrasting experiences over a cup of Starbucks and enjoy the local intricacies.

Regards,

Louis
P/S: Happy & take it easy will put you in good stead.Cheers!

Hi Sophia,
welcome to Malaysia. I'm Robert Tan, Malaysian Chinese. I'm a retired Govt. Servant. If you like to know  more of Malaysia, especially KL,  I am much obliged to give you an insight of what to expect and what to look out.
Wouldn't mind having a cup of coffee with you at any place convenient to you.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Robert

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

Sure.  Pls reach me

Hi Sophia

I've recently moved here from Cardiff so know exactly how you're feeling. I'm currently in KLCC which isn't far from you, I love tea and cake so happy to meet for a catch up whenever you're free

carron

apart from joining the site I can't mention that has several expat meet ups per week I would say if moving to Damansara Perdana be careful where to stay relative to work. Or buy a jetpack to avoid two hours in traffic jam to got 500 metres! and it is getting worse round there. although jam is OK at 4 am  in the morning :whistle:

Hi Sophia! Welcome!
Yeah we can meet for a cup of coffe and discuss bout Malaysia. I am a language trainer for expats as well love meeting people and learn bout cultures. Do drop me a message when free perhaps we could have a good chat over a cup of coffee and exchanges some experience. Megna

Hey dear...Welcome dear to Malaysia. I am working here as engineer in Malaysia. Do you need any help or advise feel free to contact me.....Have a nice time ahead...

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Off topic
Reason : Expat blog is not a dating website
Reason : Off topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

We can meet up and also i can show you around different places hang around. you can contact me at ****