Living in Mauritius

Hi my name is Robert

I want to know if i can live in Mauritius and work in another country, I will be working 1 month out of the country and then the month i am not working i'll be in Mauritius, and then evertually retire in Mauritius in 6 years time

If someone can help me on this issue
Thanks

Hi contact the Mauritius immigration they will provide you all the information.

Where would be n good place to live and eventually buy a house and retier in Mauritius Must be close to the sea. Some towns or city names will be helpfull

Hi Mauritius is a beautiful country lots of nice and peaceful places near the beach flic en flac,tamarin,blue bay,see on the google.

Hi Mauritius is a beautiful country lots of nice and peaceful places near the beach flic en flac,tamarin,blue bay,see on the google.

Depending on your citizenship, you can stay up to 180 days a year (it can be fragmented) on a tourist visa.

If you get a residence permit you can stay out of Mauritius I think for unto 6 months in any one year, However the downside to this is that to get a permanent residency form this method i.e. citi=zen ship requires four years at least staying in Mauritius and it is not calendar years but actual time so if in the four years you only spend 6 months in Mauritius so I gather form the Prime Ministers office that will only count as two years.  So be prepared perhaps to stay in Mauritius for longer periods to ensure that a permanent stay is available after your 6 years.

Perry Bere  and Mon choisy area are good for living... peaceful healthy lifestyle. ..
Good luck
Suresh

Hi Robert,
Since you will not be working in Mauritius and thus not residing under an Occupational Permit, you will only be able to stay as a tourist. If you would be staying under an Occupational Permit, the law does not provide for a minimum number of days per year to stay in Mauritius. However, to be considered as a ‘resident' for tax purposes, you should stay in Mauritius for a minimum of 183 days per calendar year.
You mentioned above that you will then retire in Mauritius; in order to be eligible for a residence permit as a retired non-citizen you should be 50 years of age, or above, and must undertake to transfer, to your local bank account (which you should open of course) in Mauritius, at least USD 40,000 annually, or its equivalent in any freely convertible foreign currency. You would have to submit proof of an initial transfer of at least USD 40,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency at time of application. The total amount transferred over three years should be USD 120,000.
Thanks.

Hi Robert,
My mother in Law comes to stay here with us for 6 months every year, just as a tourist from England. Our son also came to stay with us for 6 months a few years ago - that is the maximum you can stay as a Tourist.

They now seem to stamp your passport with just 2 months,(Coming from England - it used to be 3 months) if this is the case you can do one of 2 things as we have done in the last 2 years.
1. At the immigration desk ask if he will stamp it for longer - we asked this year and he stamped for the maximum of 6 months.
2. We asked the same last year but he would only stamp for 3 months, a week (no more or less) before it expired we went to Immigration at Port Louis, with Mums changed flight details and a bank statement that showed she had enough money to remain for a further 3 months (even though Mum is 90 years old and we obviously look after her)

Good luck :)