Health care -My chances of survival in case of a severe pneumonia?

I just was admitted to the hospital in Las Vegas, NV, USA with a very severe pneumonia. I am wondering what my chances are for survival with such a severe illness should I had been living in Kampot, Kep, or Sickoukiville. What about PP? Seriously, I almost died and that is not an option.

Hi Linda, How are you now. I have a lung problem but have managed to control it staying in Kampot. WB - John.

better to stay in the US if you need medical care on a frequent basis or suffer from chronic condition; due two reasons:

- health care structures and personnel in Cambodia is just getting started.
- costs can easily add up and the course treatment is not always right.

good luck.

I feel that if you are a nurse you are to be the best judge of this. There is a good hospital outside Kampot ... Sonya Kill ... should you need it. If you manage yourself you can avoid getting sick. Exercise good food and a good climate are key, especially for a lung disease. The worst thing you can do, in my opinion, is stay where you are unhappy and get depressed. That will be fatal.

There is a small hospital run by Dr. Hour at the CT clinic. This is a very new facility, and is associated with Bangkok Hospital, a first rate facility. They could probably provide you with adequate care. For anything more severe, you would want to fly to Bangkok.