Cost of Living in Prague

Hello All,

I am planning to relocate to Prague with my family (my wife and 3 years old Son). Kindly guide me...
What shall be the cost of living for my family in Prague. How much shall I accept as salary?
What shall be a good international school for my son's education?

Br,
Shyamal

Shyamal10 wrote:

Hello All,

I am planning to relocate to Prague with my family (my wife and 3 years old Son). Kindly guide me...
What shall be the cost of living for my family in Prague. How much shall I accept as salary?
What shall be a good international school for my son's education?

Br,
Shyamal

Hi Shyamal

I am coming to Prague with a job in IT probably around september end.
What are you into? as that will decide what salary would be approriate.

Regards,
Amit

Hello Misha, Amit and Shyamal,
I am also coming to Prague. I do have same questions just like you. Hopefully, you have settled there when I am writing this and if you could answers those questions now

I am from India and have 10 years of IT experience. I have been offered 70.000 CZK/month from Prague based company. I have following questions, I would like to know the answers based on your experience in Prague and would appreciate if you do not point me to any cost of living websites or any real estate websites.

1. is 70.000 CZK /month sufficient to leave there considering that I am moving with family of 3 members that includes a Kid.
2. will I make any saving monthly from that money? Off course it depends upon the our lifestyle but I would like to get some general answer based on how many CZK you spend every month there.
3. Since my wife will not do any job there, so will it safe for her to live alone there in house during my office timing?
4. what is the house rent (2 bed room) in Prague in upper middle class area and not in city centre? I have heard if you are foreigner, you will be  charged differently than local. please don't point to any real estate website for the answer, I would like know how much you spend monthly on rent.

Regards,
AJ

LOL 70 000 Czk, with that you live like a king here

Hi

For a single person that is a very good salary. For a family I dont know really.
Simple question where is your company located as that will decide where you will live.
If company is in outskirts like Chodov:
You will get a 2 room apartment means 2+kk ( 1 hall with kitchen + 1 bedroom ) for 10,000 CZK (rent+utilities)
If your company is near city centre
You will get a 2 room apartment not below 15,000 CZK atleast.
Travel pass is 670 CZK per month.
Insurance is paid by company.
Companies here also give you food vouchers.
If you dont eat in canteen in offices in afternoon and carry home food for lunch you can use these vouchers in super markets to buy grocery and stuff.

For a single person every week when I go to super market minimum 500czk to 700czk I spend for grocery and stuff.
so monthly you can say 2500czk .
But I get food vouchers worth 1400 ( 70 per working day ) and i use them in super markets.

It is a safe country , certainly Prague is safe as long as you dont travel too late at night and alone.
Never carry much cash money as everything you can buy with debit bank cards.
Dont rent house in a hurry , check the area , ask your work colleagues before you take the rental apartment.
Avoid ground floors+1st floors so higher you live lesser chances of burglary.

Hi,

I am planning to migrate to Prague with my family. How easy or difficult is it for an Indian to get a job? I have more than 20 years experience in IT, Media, Marketing.

Thanks in advance

On what visa are you migrating to Prague?
The work permit process takes 3 months , jobs are difficult to find , depends on what exact domain you want to work in.
International companies can hire with English skills (no need of Czech), but other medium sized companies need people to know local language.