Ultimate Frisbee

Hi,
Anyone keen on throwing a frisbee around or have a game sometime? Let me know...

Hello yusuf.beeharry.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Could you please briefly introduce yourself?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

If you are looking for both men and women, I'm game and I bet my husband would like to play as well.  (As long as the game is for FUN and not overly competitive!) Let us know if you get a group together.  Are you thinking of playing on the beach or maybe at RL?

Courtney  :)

Thats great, I've never played frisbee on the beach b4, so thats a great idea, hopefully more people would be interested in playing, the more people the better, dont worry,i am not that competitive:), would like to play just for fun...when would be a good time for you to play? i am usually free early afternoon on weekends.

Does anyone know where can i buy a frisbee? :)

Hi Alexus,

You can buy one at Allsport or from ebay.

Would you be interested in playing a game sometime? :)

Yeah of course, during winter would be nice to enjoy the beach, even the water is "cold". :) I found a fresbee this week, we should test it! 8-)

I am sure the water will be ok, after all, winter in Mru is quite mild compared to Eu, so how abt this Sat at 2 pm in Flic en flac, will that work for you? I can bring some cones so that we can have a proper game, am up for some drinks afterwards as well :)

Keep us posted if you get a group together.  We are busy this weekend, but would catch up with you guys sooner or later.  :)

Hi,
Saturday is not ok for me, but Sunday around 3 pm can be good.
Alex

Hi,

I can make it for Sunday at 3 pm, see you then Alex.

Courtin, I am sure we will be playing some other time, we can make this frisbee game into a fortnightly or even weekly event, I will keep you posted.

If anyone wants to join us this week, lets meet at 3 pm at Flic en Flac beach (next to Spar), or if you come late, you can still join in- all levels welcome. I will be wearing a blue shirt and black short and my number is (+230)490 1479. See people then.

Hi all,
just moved to Mauritius and looking for a game. Am I right that you guys are playing down south?
Do you by any chance know of games happening in the North?
cheers

Hi and Welcome to Mauritius.
At the moment, we have been playing on the west coast, but are quite flexible regarding the location, so if the majority prefers to play in the north, we can have a game in the north.

On what day(s) and times do you guys normally play?

We are quite flexible regarding the time for the game, depending on the number of paticipants...Plz go to the following doodle link to confirm- doodle.com/af4iugymr9c4ddip
Cheers:)

I just noticed this thread. I love Ultimate Frisbee and would definitely be down for a game sometime. I'm an American working for a French company with an office in Mauritius. Let me know if anyone is still interested in playing!

Peter

Hey Peter,

check out the doodle that yusuf.beeharry  has set up. Its the last posting before you.

Hi All,
Frisbee is ON tomorrow around 3ish at Mont Choisy beach, there's a nice place inbetween where the public beach ends and the hotels begins, which would be ideal for frisbee. If you have any trouble finding the place, contact me, my number is 490 1479.
Cheers!

Hi Yusuf,

you shouldn't post your phone number on the internet (here or anywhere else) ;)

Well noted Julien :)

Guys, I may not be able to make it this w/end due to family commitments, but feel free to hav a game if u want to play, I think Alexus is up 4 a game this sat, innit?

For those who r coming for the game tomoro, we r meeting in front of main entrance of Caudan( not the waterfront) at 1000 on the bridge.If there any problem finding us, let me know. Cheers!

Hey there!

I've managed to secure the football field at Riverland Sports Club in Tamarin from 9am-10am on Sunday mornings for Ultimate Frisbee.  Please let me know if you would like to join.  Bring a red t-shirt and a white t-shirt so we can divide the teams.  This is just for some good fun and nothing competitive!

Have a great week-end!

Courtney  :)

Hey Peter,
I'm from the States, too.  :)  Anyway, check out my post about Ultimate Frisbee tomorrow...
Court

Hi Courtney,

Thats great news, I have contacted the other players and they are up for it, so we'll see you tomoro, 9 am in Riverland Sports Club in Tamarin :)

Great fun this morning!  Hoping we can play again next Sunday!  Was a pleasure meeting you guys and the kiddos you brought along were absolutely fantastic!  They are welcome back any time.  :)

It was a good game, isn't it? Is the game on this Sunday as well?

Yes, Yusuf.  The game is on!  Will you guys make it down here again?

Hi!

I've created a fb page:

Ultimate Frisbee Mauritius-UFM

Check it out for pics from last week's meet-up.  We can also use this page as a forum to keep in contact with one another.

Court  :)

Cool, I am in, will check with the other players if they are coming :)

Hi All,

Just a little reminder that the frisbee game is on- Sundays frm 9am in RL in Tamarin.

All levels are welcome. If you would like to join, let us know.

Cheers :)

Looking forward to tomorrow morning!  Has been lots of fun playing the last few weeks!  :)

Hi,

Just a reminder that we play Ultimate Frisbee on Sunday mornings @ 9am at RL in Tamarin, do let us know if you would like to join.

Cheers :-)

Hello there yusuf.beeharry,

Kind of you to update us on the topic  ;)

You may also drop an advert in the Events, Activities, Leisure in Mauritius section of the website so as make the meeting more accessible to members of the Mauritius forum.

Cheers, :)
Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna, I have.

Also please find link below about Ultimate Frisbee being now recognized by the International Olympic Committee (a little extra motivation to join)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33752105

Cheers,  :)
Yusuf

Hhmm great keep us updated.

Who is coming tomorrow morning? We are on the back field at Riverland in Tamarin from 0900...

We also now play Ultimate on Wednesdays at 6pm at Tamarin Bay (other side of the river) for anyone who would like to join, all levels are welcome!  :)

Hi,

Just a reminder that we're still playing ultimate frisbee in the west on sunday mornings. If you're interested, plz contact me.

Hi All,

We are now playing ultimate frisbee in Northfield Sports Club in Mapou from 1830 on Thursday evenings. If you want to join, plz let me know.

Oh pity,  contacted your team on Facebook just before this Corona mess. You moved from Tamarin to Northfield? Aren't there any people still around the west/south of PL?
We are two and playing at the moment on the northern end of the Albion beach.

Btw. is there a place selling ultimate discs in Mauritius?