New to Dublin!

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Dublin four days ago - I am a 24 year old Australian girl looking for work in hospitality - I am a qualified Social Worker but it is very difficult to get work in Social Work over here as an Australian; so hospitality is the go for me! I'm a lover of good cafes, food and coffee so hoping to find some work that will be fun and a great way to meet people as well!
I have come here for 12 months to have the experience of living and working in a new country, hopefully meeting some really cool people and travelling Europe and in particular visiting the beautiful Irish countryside!
If anyone has any tips on how to best settle in to a new country- I am struggling a bit already as I don't know many people in Dublin or Ireland (only know a few people here) and there is so much to organise in trying to get a job, a bank account, a place to live - lots to do!
Anyway - any support and advice would be greatly appreciated. As I said - I am here to have the cultural experience that I have always desired - if anyone has been in my shoes before - any support and advice at this time would be welcomed!

Hi ameliacbrown,

First of all, i invite you to read the New Ireland online guide.
It contains a lot of useful information which might help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi ameliacbrown,
Welcome to Dublin. I arrived here on 2nd of July. Though I came here on work permit so no need to find a job but getting a place to live, setting up bank account, PPS number, Tax certificate, GNIB card and Multi-entry visa. A lot of things I have found in TO DO list whenever you arrive to Dublin, Ireland. I'm also pretty much new, so don't have too many friends here. If you need any information about above documents process or anything. I would be interested to help.

Thanks, Enjoy ur days in Dublin :)