Language teaching

To the moderators.

I guess to be fair the site should not be accepting any youtube lesson here. It is kind of promoting herself
for free , It is like saying yeah its free but contact me and its my business.

Like you reject some of my postings.. be fair enough!

I personally don't have a problem with Ridana posting her language lesson video's here. They are helpful to potential and current expats who are interested to learn a little Khmer, and she is offering her knowledge free of charge via her videos.

Does it really matter whether she is licensed/qualified to teach? Not at all, she is not charging you money to watch her Youtube videos, she is fluent and her teachings are accurate. You'd be surprised how many non-qualified, non-experienced foreigners are teaching English in Cambodia, including non-native English speakers....is that fair on the Cambodian children who are being taught, I don't think so!

It appears she also offers private lessons, and if people are willing to pay her for that service then that is up to them, posting her Youtube lessons is a good marketing strategy, but she is not aggressively advertising and forcing anyone on this forum to pay for something they do not want.

I wish Ridana the best of luck, from watching a couple of her video's briefly I feel she would make a great Khmer language teacher to English speakers,as she has an excellent grasp of English herself.

Hi Rarky  if you think a farmer can teach you khmer or English that is fine.

Yeah I know many unqualified teachers teaching cambodian students, the reason 95 percent of the Cambodian students who took the National exam failed. So you agree with thaT? THAT WAS MY POINT

nO credentials , no experience... just go and have a phone and start teaching.  lol

To Rarky,

Yes but you are being a racist now. You are pointing between non native and native. My point is , It is unfair to be taught by someone who got no degree no experience even he or she is a native speaker. There are many native speaker here who can not even teach right. So please dont say non native speaker. We , non native speakers have degree and trainings and experiences. So please dont put us down.

Actually this is not address for you. It was for the moderators. I dont know why are you defending her.
I was just pointing out that moderators be fair.  also, if you like her I got nothing to argue about. But pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee dont say  no need of degree or whatever.

and next time if the post is not address to you, dont reply. Thank you.

[Deleted as too needlessly snarky]

Hi everybody here,

As you all know, Expat.com forum has been created for the exchange of information on expatriation.

Concerning members who want to give language courses, they should post in the designated category : https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/as … asses.html and not on the forum.

Please bear in mind that the forum has not been created to promote someone's activity, but to help people to find the necessary information on expatriation and other related subjects !

@ chococambo > If you have other questions for the moderators, i invite you to contact us directly please : https://www.expat.com/en/contact.html

Thanks,

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed