Trung Nguyen G7 Instant coffee

Hi,

I'll be coming to Saigon end of this month for short trip and to stock up G7 Instant coffee. I always buy from supermarket at Thuong Xa Tax from my previous trips. I like this instant coffee but it seems it's only available in sachet form. Is there in container as like of Nescafe? Or is there any brand which its quality is comparable to G7?

trungnguyen.com.vn/en/2237/g7-100-pure-soluble-coffee.html

Regards,
Wang
Singapore

try the vinacafe, it's also OK, I like both (G7 & vinacafe) as an instant "ca phe"

the vinacafe I have is a 3 in 1 mix, don't know if they also have just black, never seen it in container, only sachet...

vinacafebienhoa.com.vn/index.php?module=products&function=viewcat&cat_id=4

Seems that all 'instant' coffees with creamer and sweetener, com in sachets to maintain the mix balance. If the 3-ingredient types were in large containers the components would settle at different levels in the jar.

If you have a contact here with a METRO membership card you could get Trung Nguyen wholesale packages at wholesale prices.

Giants supermarket have a wide selection.

Personally I use Vinacafe Instant Blue Label in the office.

a recent article about instant coffee war in Vietnam

snake77,

Ok, I'll buy a box of Vinacafe for a try for comparison :)

I ever bought Trung Nguyen's 3in1 but i feel that the unique aroma has lost. 

Jaitch,

G7 Instant coffee in Singapore Giamt is sold at S$2.6 while supermarket at Thuong Xa Taz is S$1.20. I plan to buy at least 15 boxes. My colleagues like it very much :)   

I'll tale note of METRO m'ship. Thanks!

Anatta wrote:

a recent article about instant coffee war in Vietnam

I used to be Nescafe's regular until i found G7 instant coffee which recommended by my Taiwanese friend who is working in Saigon. Now I's using Nescafe again becos my G7 run out of stock :(

I think G7 & Vinacafe should take feedback from this thread - instant coffee in container, beside in sachet.

Jaitch wrote:

If you have a contact here with a METRO membership card you could get Trung Nguyen wholesale packages at wholesale prices.

Are the prices different if you have a membership card? I usually just bring my passport and they give me a ticket to go in.

<>

May i have the address, if not, what's the name of the building, at which district?

they only let you in if you have a membership card.
Metro is meant to give membership to corporates only. Those companies can claim VAT back. No price differentiation.

http://www.metro.com.vn/servlet/PB/menu … index.html

Anatta wrote:

Metro is meant to give membership to corporates only. Those companies can claim VAT back. No price differentiation.

O i c..anyway the pices at Tax is already reasonable compared to Ben market which they targeted at tourists.
Thanks!

Anatta wrote:

I got a reply from METRO. They will issue you a one-day validaity temporary card (free) if passport is shown.

Do you know how much will it cost by cab from district 1 to METRO (branch An Phu), say Ben Thanh market? Public bus available?

Anyone know?

not expensive. close

wanglea wrote:
Anatta wrote:

I got a reply from METRO. They will issue you a one-day validaity temporary card (free) if passport is shown.

Do you know how much will it cost by cab from district 1 to METRO (branch An Phu), say Ben Thanh market? Public bus available?

Anyone know?

I usually bring my passport or even a US drivers license worked for me.

From D-1 to Metro would be about 60,000 to 80,000 VND depending on where you start out. The trip back would be more though due to the way the bridge and roads go to Nguyen Huu Canh street.

There goes many buses from Ben Thanh. Those who go to the Suoi Tien Park pass METRO.

From Ben Thanh to Metro is about 7km so I would guess taxi costs you around 150 000, not more than 200 000 VND.

One more thing
Before heading all the way to the METRO, you should consider stopping by the many Trung Nguyen stores in D1 to see what they have. I saw one at the corner of Dong Khoi and Dong Du where they sell bags a 50 (I think) satchets.

Besides Highland Coffee and Trung Nguyen coffee, which are quite 'costly', which other brand of coffee can one bring for the folks back home to highlight Vietnamese good coffee? We are not talking about those 3 in 1 types.

Vietnam's famous for coffee. You can try some brand like: VINA COFFEE, TRUNG NGUYEN COFFEE, HIGHLAND COFEE ...

If you want to import for Trung NGuyen G7, pls contact me : my sister's company is exporting G7 .

Hi Lucy...did your sisters company export in small quantity? Can you give contact of her.

Thank you

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hello adrian9up,

This thread being inactive since 2012, i will be closing it.

I invite you to drop an advert in the appropriate section of the website for your search : Business partners classifieds in Ho Chi Minh City.

Thank you in advance,
Bhavna

[Thread closed]

Closed