Advice for First Visitor -- Seeking Real Estate

We are planning a 4-day trip.
We would like to explore areas to get a feel for PR.
Our desire is to be located in a quiet, beach area with access to resort amenities (beach, pool, tennis, golf).
We also desire a community that offers access to a marina.  We will have a boat and will fish.
We are hesitant to engage a real estate agent, as we are not ready to buy.
We will rent a car and explore, but could use some local knowledge.
any help?

jfkouten wrote:

We are planning a 4-day trip.
We would like to explore areas to get a feel for PR.
Our desire is to be located in a quiet, beach area with access to resort amenities (beach, pool, tennis, golf).
We also desire a community that offers access to a marina.  We will have a boat and will fish.
We are hesitant to engage a real estate agent, as we are not ready to buy.
We will rent a car and explore, but could use some local knowledge.
any help?

Here is a realtor I recommend, tell him Reinaldo Perez sent you. His name is Carlos Torres, from 24/7 Real Estate Lic 16898. Cell phone is (787) 527-3324, Office (787) 504-9787. He is a Buyer Agent, which means he will show you not only his properties but also the properties of other Agents. No need to pay him anything, he splits commissions with the other agents. He will not just show you properties, but also locations like supermarkets, restaurants, beaches, etc. He is GREAT! and Highly recommended by me. Give him a call. Also very good English.

If he does not treat you well in any way let me know and I will chew him up.

My realtor friend said that some possibilities are Isabela, Rincon, Aguadilla for English, Beach, Surfing, Boating with Marina, There is a nice property in Horned dorse, maybe he meant Horned Horse, not sure, that you may like.

As to Palmas del Mar, it does not have what I call a swimming Beach, but it has everything else you quoted. There are many beaches outside that you may like 10-15 minutes away. He says Palmas Del Mar is Dirt cheap right now, and that there is a Lot with its own dock that may interest you if you feel like building a Custom Dream house. *** Construction is fairly inexpensive in PR so you can make a nice mansion for little, given that you have a family of 5.

If you give me your name I will pass it along or you can just call him.

If you thinking about building or remodeling in the west part of the island I can recommend the guy who buid our house. I cannot be happier with the outcome.

I would check out Palmas del Mar (although I don't recall if there is a marina there. Maybe Donald Trump's Coco Beach. Certainly properties in Fajardo. Also, maybe Salinas, although it is not as nice of a town, really.