Anonymous HIV testing in Bahrain

Dear EB members,

I want to know if there are any anonymous HIV/AIDS testing centers in Bahrain which conduct tests without having to present any id's or reporting the results to the government authorities ?

Really need the answer to this urgently. Please do let me know if anyone knows of clinics which do these tests after taking some under the table money or something.

Thanks!

As far as I know, there isn't any but I just texted a doctor friend of mine. As soon as I hear back, I will let you know.

You know if you just had an unprotected sex, it may not show in results as there is a grace period for the virus to be detectable.

In this day and age it is suicide to have unprotected sex. If this is the case then I wish you luck with your tests and then you can buy tonnes of condoms :-)

As I informed by a friend of mine, expats who has HIV are immediately deporting.
If anyone needs about these king of check-up tests, should go their own country and visit a hospital or clinic.

Yes, I agree. Its best you get such tests done in your own country. No chance of such tests being done on an anonymous basis here in Bahrain.

Thank you everybody for all your informative answers.

@Josnuggles - Thank you for the good luck, i may really need it ;) !

Just one more thing i would like to ask you awesome people is that if an expat for example works in a different country say Saudi Arabia or Kuwait and he visits Bahrain and wants to get tested for any std's or hiv, will the Bahraini authorities even inform the authorities of that country where he is working and get him deported from there also if any of his test results are positive ?

The way the Saudi and Bahraini government are close, i suppose they would do this if any expat from saudia comes to get tested in Bahrain.. Please share your informative views on this also.

Thank you so much for all your help!

God bless you!
Regardz!

I checked with a doctor friend of mine and he said in Bahrain it is not possible to have an HIV check-up without revealing your identity.

I personally wouldn't think they would inform the authorities in Saudi Arabia if you have a check-up in Bahrain - if you don't use your health insurance, it would make it very hard for them to inform the authorities in Saudi Arabia. I would ask at the hospital just to ensure.

The safest bet would be to have this done in Europe. Many European countries, including the UK, will ensure you don't need to reveal your identity for STD check-ups.

Just for your information, you can purchase an at home HIV test online through Amazon. It costs anywhere from USD 25.00- 50.00. I would buy at least two, because you always want a second test if it is positive.

No such thing in Bahrain.

Go to Dubai.  Even there, the clinics are required by law to report positive HIV results.  HOWEVER; there is a loophole which some clinics exploit i.e. if your ELISA (blood test) is positive; they are supposed to confirm it with a Western Blot test before it is deemed as positive in the eyes of the law.  So what they do is call you, tell you the result and ask you to come in for testing (if you don't and you shouldn't, it's your call).  You can also get results by email.

One of the better known and recommended ones is Zack medical centre.  Do a google search.

That's won't be a great idea they will check that in customs and if it's related to HIv testing they will block it and send the letter to Ministry of health. Once the moh will approve it which is not possible unless you have a big wasta. Then only they will release it.

Hi

Check aljenan medical center std profile