Driving in public place having learner driving license

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am from Pakistan and have a learner driving license.

I know how to drive and was driving in Pakistan from 10 years. Now I also have an idea of driving left hand drive cars as I already took classes from my instructor. The only issue is now I have is to wait for 8 months for a test.

My question is 'Can I drive in public place with learner driving license in Bahrain with a person sitting with me have a valid driving license?'

Thanks

dear rizzz86,

No you cannot, it is to drive with Instructors on your side only.

T&R

Certainly not. You cannot drive alone with a learner licence. You will get arrested and deported immediately if you are caught doing this, so please be patient. very soon you will have your licence and then you can drive legally.

Best wishes.

Thank you guys for your responses.

I am really surprised by knowing that it is strictly not allowed.

What I read from the first paragraph of guide book provided by traffic office is as follows:

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7haezsnp8h56ro/driving book.jpg?dl=0[/img]

Hi there.

The statement you have posted is correct. You need to have either of the two types of licences in order to drive in a public place. You cannot drive in a public road without either a proper driving licence or a learner drivers' licence.

With a proper driving licence, you can drive by yourself. With a learner licence, you need to have an authorized instructor seated by your side.

This is probably clarified elsewhere in the guide book of rules. Please do let us know if this is not the case, and someone with a learner drivers' licence can in fact drive with any driver by their side, since this will prove very useful for those having to wait for such a long time for their driving test.