Open a music lovers club, singers or guitar players, etc let's rock

Hi everyone! I'm Lien, I'm a banker. Life has been bored lately and I want to create some fun.

I love music in general. I love singing, and I play a little bit guitar. I sing both English and Vietnamese songs whatever genre I feel like. I especially feel energetic and enjoyable when I sing.

If anyone want to join a group where we can play and sing after work or at weekend it would be so exciteddd ☺️☺️☺️☺️. We can do some music project too. You can like to sing, play drum, guitar or keyboard. Not very well is ok too. We can try to set up a course or something, we can figure it out.

If u feel like it, please join, send me a link of your facebook, and tell me what you want to do! We can create a facebook group, so it would be easy to keep in contact and discuss.
Thank you for reading my supperrr longg intro 😄😄😄 i hope i get some reply. Or if there is already some group please let me know.
Good night everyone 😄

Hi Wendy,

I have just moved to HCMC from Melbourne in Australia and I also enjoy music and singing.

Did you find a group of people who share your interests yet?

I'd like to join you to make some music.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob! I just posted yesterday. Let's wait untill weekend for some more :) Do you have facebook? I will create a group and I will be easier to follow up :D we are founders <3

Hi all!
It sounds interesting !
I 'd love to join.
I can play guitar but it is really limited  :D
And if you are interested, why don't we go to some acoustic cafe shop. You can sing, play some instruments ( guitar, cajon)

Nice day.

I'd be interested in meeting up to play some music. Keep me posted if yall decide to meet up.

hi Phuc! it's really nice to see your response! Do you have a facebook? so I can create a group and it would be easier to contact! <3

I would also like to here some replies. I play guitar and sing. English and Vietnamese some.

Hi, it's nice to know about that. When I was 20, also did the same. I like to be your audience to cheer up. Sherry Lu

Hi, I've just joined Expat.com.

I will write an intro soon but saw this and thought I would reply quickly.

I am another guitarist. I am a bit shy to play in front of others and don't know many songs but would be nice to join in somehow. I'd love to sing but am not good, but maybe as a background voice in a crowd is okay.

I bought a guitar from guitar street recently and have been practicing an Irish folk song called 'Smugglers' at home. Maybe we could try that?

I will PM you Facebook so I can join your group. Thanks! :D

Is there a facebook group yet?

hi Lien, sound funny, i would love to join with your club. Here is my Facebook : facebook.com/hamaume . Plz add me thanks a lot

Hi! I'd like to join in your group. It sounds like fun :)
Well, I can sing... but still needs a lot of practice.
I wonder if I'm too young for this group... I'm only 17...

Anyhow, your idea interested me somehow.
I'll pm you my facebook

:)
Well, i could record my voice to songs i loved.
recently, i recorded two ( but very raw voice without music theme :) )
exactly i passed them to a couple friends, they made some comments :
- wow, this is your voice really? not well done but really is a voice of a kid while i am not a kid or teen anymore --- >> i guessed having some reasons : i recorded that song after many days listening that song on phone, expressed it by my heart, my feeling, and of course, when we love a song, we will try to sing it as it is the moment we love :) , no strange any.
- oh, you did well, make some more ?     : mhmm, i think deep on this comment ( is that really ? )

````` and sometimes, i hear a rock song of Roxett, swayed following her performance and thinking : one day, may be i am in her position.

well, i just make a funny story about music, but honesty, i recorded my voice for learning english, for praticing english, and for loving meaning my life.

But what a pity that i sing without music, i have no skill of instrument or i have no ability to read song notes. really pity !

I recorded : You mean everything to me ( youtube.com/watch?v=tSFrzbIoly0 ), but the recording is lost by damaged phone, another is So in love. theme song of movie : Love story in Havard
i am praticing the third song, is Autumn Leaves by Eric Clapton.. i also start to listen : Let no man steal your thyme. but not ready to sing out loud.

Cheer!

:) If you can gather people, don't forget to give me information. I can be your audience. Patience is the greatest thing I can do.

Hi all,

Ive just arrived in Ho Chi MInh City last week and I am absolutely looking for people to play guitar with... If youre still keen to play guitar let me know :) Have you created a facebook page yet? Either way Ive written a few of my own songs and I know enough about music theory to compose original songs albeit Im no professional :)

Manuel

I'm still interested Mannie. When and where would be a good place for you? We could do it at my house or office, but my house is in D11, and my office is a little further out.

I was trying to think of a place near D1 that could host a pickin party, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a place that is semi-private, has a good space for everyone, and lets people drink beer. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Hi jake,
I'm interested in catching up to play guitar :) I'm currently residing near  the backpacker district and I have no commitments so I'm free pretty much all day everyday. I'm new to the area so I can't really give much advice on where to go but surely we can figure something out

I have years of drumming under my belt. Drum kit, snare, the box, and other percussion instruments. I'd love to pound some tubs out here.

Sounds good :) I'd love to join a club. I used to be in a band and we performed for a year or 2. Just messaged you my FB link, hope to jam again some day soon.

Can i be an audience only? I love listening to music but havent had any chance to learn playing Any instrument 😔

Hey hey just joined the Expat.com saw yr post..  How's the music club going?  Can I join in?? Feel the same way..  Very bored here and playing music energises me. I play a bit of guitar and sing! (amateur level)  Unfortunately just moved here and no music buddies in hcmc :( someone add me to the facebook group?

Hey hey just joined the Expat.com saw yr post..  How's the music club going?  Can I join in?? Feel the same way..  Very bored here and playing music energises me. I play a bit of guitar and sing! (amateur level)  Unfortunately just moved here and no music buddies in hcmc :( someone add me to the facebook group?

This music group seems to be going no where fast. Well Ill be back from Vung Tau tomorrow and if any one keen to jam, learn guitar, sing or just hangout feel free to come to September 23 Park near Turtle Lake (furthest away from the dodgy area) and play... Im there every late afternoon around 4 - 5pm playing on a bench and sometimes with a local Vietnamese guitarist who teaches me (provided hes not working) ... Unfortunetly Ill be leaving to Nha Trang on Thursday morning :) Anyone is welcome..

Hi Lien,
I am a newbi and I love playing music too.
I play a little bit of bass guitar. Can I join your group. My fb: **

PM me and I am happy to join you guys.

Mick

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : please dont give your personal contact detail on the forum for your own security

Hi Wendy,
   Your post seems pretty interesting. Have you created an facebook group yet? I'd love to join. I can sing, play guitar, keyboard. I also joined bands back in the Philippines. Don't forget to add me. Thanks.

Mia

I own a music center and i loved music.I want all of you to visit the center and founded the club free use of my instruments..piano,gitar,violin,drum sit...welcome.my phone ***

Reason : Please don't give your phone number on the forum for your own security

Hi Thanh,

It's absolutely a great idea. Please keep us updated on how many guys have come joined you.

Tks.

Hi Thanh,
   Where is your music center located? That would be great for the club. (I'm not sure if I am an official member.)

Mia

The music Center  at 176 trần não ,bình an ward,d2.

My phone ***

Reason : Please don't give your phone number on the forum for your own security

Hi All,
    Can we organize a meeting? Because we definitely have a place to meet and somehow practice thanks to Thanh. :) Can't wait to hear from you.

Mia

I play electric guitar a little and would like to get better. Thanh, you should really get things started at your club! I would definitely join!

I can not speak English to well.but I want to open groups free who can help me?when star,that time ....I speak VIetnamese well .*** my number

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post any personal contacts on the forum. Use private messaging
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I can not speak English to well.but I want to open groups free who can help me?when star,that time ....I speak VIetnamese well .***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi all just read all the posts. been travelling around since my last post..
so ok is there any facebook grp I can join. Thanh I'll be sure to look up your centre.
Mia... I''m keen for a meet up also.  will be back in hcmc in 18 sept onwards..maybe i'll drop by september 23 park..:)

Hey Thanh,
  Is it okay if we drop by tomorrow at your place?

If anyone's interested, we are going tomorrow at Thanh's place. You are absolutely welcome to join us.

Cheers.

So, Mia, what happened to your visit to Thanh's music center?

I am interested to know since I play a little saxophone and live in dist. 2 and would like to join if possible.
Since I want to practice or some motivation to.

Just read all the post...

lee

Me and Euniz weren't able to meet there because Thanh was not there that time. I went there alone because I rented one of her piano. Her place is awesome and she told me that any music club is open to play any instrument there. Do you wanna check it out?

Xin Chao Wendy ,

Music and singing is my life beside my love ones
I have been living in HCM - Ben tre for quite sometimes and I have been in love with
some lovely Vietnamese songs that I listens to sleep nightly , but singing them is hard
because I have yet to monitor tieng Viet
I am good at singing english songs ..will love to meet up with the group and let s sing
our hearts out ...
tell me when the group is meeting and place of event ..

God Bless all of you ...
chang hoe adriano

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Dear all

I know of a place but not too sure if the management would allow the open air
portion for you guys ..

ABC Bakery along pham ngu lao street

the best bread shop and cakes as far as I know ..been there regularly since 2013

check out this place if not for music ..check out the breads and the friendly staffs

have a great time ...

adriano