Music in Cyprus

Hi,

Music is said to be a universal language. Indeed it helps to discover and better understand the culture of a country.

What are the most popular music genres in Cyprus? How about traditional music and instruments?

Who are the local artists you would recommend?

Where can you listen to them: are there any concerts or music festival held regularly?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Kenjee

oooh thats a biggy that one i will need time to consider my answers lol as theres lots of music and artisits  here

wow here we go

Music is awesome here - local Cypriot traditional nights of music and dance is a treat on the eyes and ears especially at Phidias in Peyia.

Other entertainers we have seen and are impressed with are as follows

Davey Woodford - axe man extraordinaire
Dominic Holmes  - just a delight to listen to
Stark (Rhys and Paul) awesomes accoustic duo and a more unique vocal (Rhys) I have yet to hear.
Mid Life Crisis - fabulous rock band playing all the "old school classic rock anthems"
Matt Bruno - another guitar man worth a visit
Steve Welsh - well what can i say thus guy is a pure genius with his wit and humour and he sings rather well too  - his Nessun Dorma is a delight - goosebumpily good.
Chelsea Reynolds & Sofi - delightful country and pop divas
Reggae Rockers - not seen these yet but am told they are very good..
Jukebox Rockers - a very good act
Martin Rhodes - Sinatra & Rat pack  - personally didnt quite like the first part of the act but he was excellent in 2nd half.
Bob Clarkson - another old smoothie act - but not bad at all.... lol
Stevie Knibs  -  perfecting his art - but not bad at all
Davey Stuart (Olly Murs tribute) - hard working lad - young energetic and not bad

when i think of more I will post