Brits in Iloilo

Are there any Brits living in and around Iloilo.....would be good to hear from you.....

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : message removed - asked by the initiator

Hi Mal

Thanks for your reply.

We will be moving to Iloilo early 2016 for sure.

We have been looking at Oton, Savannah City areas so far as that seems to be a good area, no flooding issues etc..

We too currently live in a small village in Warks but will of course be on the move soon!

Cheers,

Philip.

Hi how long u been staying there in iloilo, i am noy an expat but my origin city is iloilo and currently i am here in manila. Its nice to know that have expats love to stay there. Enjoy ur stay guys...

Hi Mal

Great to hear from you too!

Yes, indeed a small world.

Yes, you are correct, Oton is a coastal barangay, about 3 miles south of Iloilo, most of our family are in San Juan which is close to there so we now know it quite well. We are looking at specifically Savannah City (Google it for more) as it is a brand new quality development. we went to see it in April.

We know Pototan, although it is quite a long way out & a bit far from Iloilo for us, but it is a nice spot.

I guess you are still a relative newcomer to Filipino life. How are you finding it, miss anything from the UK?

We will be selling our property to come out to Iloilo as we have plenty of equity to buy a property in Phls and will have a tidy sum left over that will go to our day to day living. If you are sensible you can live a good life on modest means.

We will of course keep in touch with you, and will certainly meet up for a beer when next in Iloilo.

Cheers, Philip.

Hi ponylyn

Looking to move to Iloilo first half of 2016.

Our family are all there and have already been 6 times over the last 10 years so know iloilo/Phls well now.

It is a very friendly city and really on the up with Smallville/Esplanade really impressive.

Thank you for your message

Kind regards, Philip.

Hi Mal

Yes, we quite like Savannah City, but will probably go for a foreclosed property as they are much chepaer than new build and come with bigger plots.

A very nice detatched 3 bed is just P3m.

You are right about the curry situation. Have you been to SM? They sell pretty much everything you can get in Tesco's or Sainsburys so have another hunt around.

Failing that there is a good Thai restaurant in Smallville close to Pirates Bar which we often go to when we are back. There are alos plenty of taxis & jeepneys there to get back if you want to have a few drinks too!

Driving in Iloilo is ok, I didn't find it a problem. There are no rules so you just have to go with the flow. One thing, Iloilo now has wheel clamping so be careful where you park!

Keep in touch,

Kind regards,

Philip.

Hi Guys, I am a retired engineer living in Savannah for 3 years now. Can I help you or meet up.?

Hi Guys, I am a retired engineer living in Savannah for 3 years now. Can I help you or meet up.?

Hi,

Glad that you are happliy settled in Savannah for the last 3 years!

We will be in Iloilo next year, probably not until Oct/Nov, but keep in touch and we can always meet up!

Cheers,

Phiilp.

Hi there, we have been living in Savannah (Trails) for just over 5 years now and have had very few real problems with living here. There is a not-too- bad Indian restaurant next to the Shell filling station on the corner of Delagdo and Jalandoni Streets in the city. Regarding real beer..... dream on boys, the nearest you're going to get is an expensive canned import at The Brewery in Donato Pison Ave, which is between SM City and Smallville. Great local beer value is at the Steps of Rome restaurant in Plazuela - a bucket of 6 bottles of any San Mig beers for 200 pesos!!
Hope this helps a bit?

Hi Colwin

Glad all is good for you in Savannah, we had a look round there and liked it.

We were thinking of buying there too, but we are in no rush so we will be taking our time.

We are back again in Iloilo for 6 months  in Oct and already have a place lined up to stay in.

Didn't know about that Indian, thanks, we will give it a try. I agree with you regarding the beer and have got used to red horse which is not bad at all. San Mig comes in a close second! Have you been to pirates bar in Smallville? Good live bands there if you are into music.

Anyway, keep in touch,

Philip.

@AAston Hi Aston. Would like to hear from you if you're still in Iloilo. My name is Gary now living here. Look forward to hearing back from you soon !

If you do meet up ask him has he figured out the monumental opportunity cost loss of selling his UK property.

Hope you have not made the same mistake..