New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Turkey forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Turkey if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Really  i  live  abroad  turkie , exactly  in moroco , on this occasion i'm  looking  to visite turkie , live  and  work  there  and  start  a  new  success  step  in  my  life .

Hi im jeff im 29 years and im looking for job and friends here

my two daughters study here in Istanbul.we usually come for short stay every now and then but due to moving to european side i was really shocked of prices and cheap apartments are really not classy.
So minimal rent we found is 2500 but through amlak office .I hope we find something direct from owner near green line.
We wish of course to settle here but my husband needs to find a job here he has 20 years experience in oil and gas field ,international experience in european and arab countries,how to go applying here we don't know and online jobs is a wide pool.we need a recruitment office address that we can visit and learn more,

Hi
    Everyone., 😊I'm called olive . I am expat  originally from uganda but I am a Turkish  citizen with my husband  and our handsome son 👪.
           I love people and their culturesite + colours, I am hard working woman and graduate d...I love children and I can teach children and I can take care of them.
  I can speak English ,swahili and little turkish.
  I love to work with different people.

Dear sir/ madam
I am hamidreza Abolbashari from iran ( tehran)& moving to Istanbul the next two months..... maximum .
I am Structural Engineer with 23 year experience and be used in different structures Specialties.: Supervision , Management consulting and implementation plans for the factory parts and Applicable procedural rules and standards valid for the league And supervision of construction of steel parts with different methods of cutting, slice making, assembling, welding, sandblasting & shot blasting, painting, transport and installation procedures.
I so intrested work to istabul . please help me for this. for more information see:***

Best Regards
Hamidreza Abolbashari
Project Manager of Manufacture,Transport and Installation heavy Steel structure .
Importer and exporter of industrial & construction steel and Drug.
Member of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Agriculture of Iran.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : avoid your personal contact on the forum please

l am from Nederland

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Hello my name is Anas from Morocco
I'm here in antalya since 4 days and i'm looking for some expats friends and job

well hello there:)
my name is orxan and nice to meet you all guys.

gosh i even didnt know that there is any place in web where i could find so much foreigners just like mself here in istanbul.

hope i will get new friends with same ikamet problem :)

Hi
My name is Monica from Kenya. I am relatively new in Turkey. I worked in Izmir for 3 months and from September I will be working in Bursa. I hope to meet and make new friends.

Hello everyone,

My name is Habeeb i moved to Turkey. I am staying for past 2 months now, learning Turkish language I was a tourist came to visit looks like i fall in love with the beauty of Turkey planning to live may be if god permits i will stay, I am open for clean friendship especially english speaker thats like million dollar answer, Talking about me I am a Computer Geek i work is to make and break computers

I have a strong believe that if you do any thing with open heart God will help you with its grace by sending a person to rescue you from the problem. ... Aaah i started again :)

PS : OPEN FOR WORK, MAKE FRIENDSHIP you can add me on ***

Thanks

Regards,
Habib

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hello Everybody,, this is local guy who is living in asian part of istanbul, i m happy to have english speakers friends to improve my english ..and also  Istanbul is nice city for exploring :)) dont hesitate writng me ,, thanks

Hi, I posted in another thread ☺ I'm new here to this expat community so thank you. I'm Gina. I've lived in Istanbul for 5 years as an elementary teacher. I'm from the United States.

Hey folks, what it do?

It's Jefe living in Istanbul City. I'm a graphic designer also interested in art especially the street art, fashion. I'm not here for a specific reason that I can state but just hanging around in this excellent website glad to be with y'all :)

Many thanks.

Hi everyone,

I am living in Istanbul for 9 years and it can be good to share with other expats. as i know almost all streets and addresses, i can help u how to go from somewhere to another :)

Slam Mr. Habib

Hope you will find my message in your good health by the grace of Almighty Allah.
May I ask that where you from?

Regards
Ali
Lahore, Pakistan.

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

@alirazza- May be you could introduce yourself as the topic of this thread is " New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 " and if you have any questions to ask to habib.circle please feel free to use your private messages.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hello there ,
Am Fatme and 24 years old single  from Syria  I have language skills I can speak five languages ( Kurdish, English, French, Arabic and Turkish ) I had worked as a teacher with Children's Private Beach School for two years and then as a translator in a private hospital Asia in Istanbul and also in a turizm agency company and I moved to Antalya to have a new job here and looking for continue my education in Akdeniz University as a journalist ..

I live in izmir

thanks everyone for the advice!

G'day Mates,
Arrived Istanbul early August and now trying hard to figure out how to blend with the local....Guess, the first thing to do is learning Turkish  LOL.
Cheers.

Learning Turkish? Definitely the right first step!! : )

Here's some general tips for you!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtop … 1#p2474451

Good luck and enjoy your stay!

AustWazz wrote:

G'day Mates,
Arrived Istanbul early August and now trying hard to figure out how to blend with the local....Guess, the first thing to do is learning Turkish  LOL.
Cheers.

Also, this thread will give you a general idea about daily expenses in various cities

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439096

AustWazz wrote:

G'day Mates,
Cheers.

Hello everyone,
I am Pakistani social development worker looking for the job in social sector in Turkey.

don't know how to get job done!!!

I am Mehboob Ahmed from Pakistan. I AM NOW A DAYS IN Chile. Pls contact me whatsap

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : Please don't give your phone number on the forum for your own security

Hello. Im am am from USA but i have lived in Spain for 90% of my life so I consider myself more spanish than american.
At the moment I still live here in Spain but I am considering to move to Istambul or Adana.

The major problem is obviously the job, so I would apreciate any help with it.
I am a graphic designer with many years of experience.

Once there, meet new people would be nice as well ^^

Tx a lot and regards.

Hi Yorch,

Great that you are trying to find a job BEFORE moving here! In case you haven't checked the jobs section, please check it out

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/middle-ea … igner.html

Also, keep in mind that its really mandatory to learn Turkish if you want to work in Istanbul. People rarely speak English here, just a heads up.

Good luck!

YorchSparrow wrote:

Hello. Im am am from USA but i have lived in Spain for 90% of my life so I consider myself more spanish than american.
At the moment I still live here in Spain but I am considering to move to Istambul or Adana.

The major problem is obviously the job, so I would apreciate any help with it.
I am a graphic designer with many years of experience.

Once there, meet new people would be nice as well ^^

Tx a lot and regards.

Brazillian living in ankara

Welcome to the forum & Turley Camila, a bit more of an introduction would be helpful.

camilajorge wrote:

Brazillian living in ankara

Hi ı am a MD. and also Turkish guy and also living in Istanbul. Turkey is a part of europe and also asia NOT IN MEDDLE EAST. Be carefull that nobody tell that UK is in the Africa. Please cortect its position as europe. Thanks

Welcome to Turkey forum Eagldry,

We are glad that you are making a contribution to the forum.

Please note that according to World Atlas and Encyclopedia Britannica, Turkey falls completely in Middle East, with the exception of a small region that is  part of Eastern Europe.
Also note that Middle East is part of Asia.

Your caution about UK not being in Africa, however is spot on perfect!

Enjoy your day.
Z

eagledry wrote:

Hi ı am a MD. and also Turkish guy and also living in Istanbul. Turkey is a part of europe and also asia NOT IN MEDDLE EAST. Be carefull that nobody tell that UK is in the Africa. Please cortect its position as europe. Thanks

Looking for friends

Good  luck

Welcome to Turkey forum Esteban,

A little more introduction would be useful.

Z

esteban222x wrote:

Looking for friends

Hello i am an expat from England currently living in istanbul turkey

I'm meriem from algeria, i'm 25 years old,  i want to live in izmir and find job

hello evryone,
my name is raouf i'm from algeria i visite istanbul last and i liked so much and i'm planning to come back this septembre i like to meet new friends their or a crew to explore more places in turkey together thanks.

Hi! I'm Armie from Philippines. I just moved here recently in Alanya. I came from Cyprus, and worked there for almost four years in hotel and restaurants. And now I'm also looking here for a job in any fields. I do have backgrounds in sales, costumer service, hospitality industry etc. If anyone knows please send me a message or you can contact me on my email address xxx. Thanks and have a nice day.

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Welcome to the blog Armie,

Please search/post for job in the JOBS section on the top banner.
https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/middle-east/turkey/

Good luck
Z

Wara04 wrote:

Hi! I'm Armie from Philippines. I just moved here recently in Alanya. I came from Cyprus, and worked there for almost four years in hotel and restaurants. And now I'm also looking here for a job in any fields. I do have backgrounds in sales, costumer service, hospitality industry etc. If anyone knows please send me a message or you can contact me on my email address. Thanks and have a nice day.

Closed