What are your favourite food in Saigon ?

Saigon has something so special I can't explain. Like you wander for a while and see lots of things to try, from the street food to the luxury restaurants. So tell me what are your favourite food in Saigon you would try immediatly ?

Pho Le! They do the best pho bo!!

Where are you living in SG?
Do you have an email?

I love anything that goes well with chillies-lime-salt! haha...  grilled foods, fruits and fish sauce I really like. But also anything I have not tried before =D

toonblake wrote:

Saigon has something so special I can't explain. Like you wander for a while and see lots of things to try, from the street food to the luxury restaurants. So tell me what are your favourite food in Saigon you would try immediatly ?

I am a strict vegetarian (vegan) and cannot eat wheat, soy or corn products so very limited. HCMC has a wide variety of vegan friendly vegetarian restaurants and some of the best Vegan foods in Asia. In fact, Vietnam is probably the best country for me to live in with regard to eating vegetables (apart from the obvious food safety issues at least I have choice).

One vegan chain called Loving Hut has restaurants across the globe BUT the best one by far is in HCMC - Loving Hut Hoa Dang. It's very expensive by VN standards but has great hotpots and fresh "Hoa Dang" salad. http://www.happycow.net/reviews/loving- … -city-9742

In my opinion, the BEST SPRING ROLL  in HCMC is in a tiny vegan place called MANI at 291 Vo Van Tan. The food is very cheap. http://www.happycow.net/reviews/am-thuc … city-37908

Cheers.

i like my bun thit nuong and com tam. don't really have any particular spot as yet as they're never to be seen when you want them.

Hello everyone,

Stunning food is sometimes hard to find in the city. As a Saigonese, I am always fascinated by street food. Spending time discovering hidden places (food stalls, restaurants, coffee shops) is one of my favorites.

If you do not have much time and wanna try all local food in one place, you should go to NGON Restaurant 160 Pasteur, Gạo Restaurant.

+To Cossmo: I suggest that you should try Bún Thịt Nướng Anh Ba, 126 Le Van Sy. Cơm Tấm and Bún Thịt Hướng here are awesome.

Please feel free to inbox if you would like recommendations about food in Saigon.

Hope you guys enjoy it. :)

Rio nguyen wrote:

Do you have an email?

This is just sleazy, Rio.
Why don't you just Pm the OP if you want her personal details?

Post a reply on the topic .

As for me,in TP HCM, I seldom rush in and eat food from some random street vendor.That includes Banh Mi and cut fruit.

Cheap and nasty,that's the phrase.

I've never seen a street vendor clean their hands.Rinsing in tap water does not count.Maybe even worse than unwashed hands.
Always look for a popular vendor or restaurant.
And TP HCM has all the foods of all Vietnam.
The south has the lot.

Just walk down the street around 1 Dist you can find thousand kind of food. And you can try it <3

vantran.hcm.vn wrote:

If you do not have much time and wanna try all local food in one place, you should go to NGON Restaurant 160 Pasteur, Gạo Restaurant.

+To Cossmo: I suggest that you should try Bún Thịt Nướng Anh Ba, 126 Le Van Sy. Cơm Tấm and Bún Thịt Hướng here are awesome.

thanks for the advice. will try. I have noticed Ngon place is very busy at times, what is their popular dish there?

do you know much about those banh trang trom? keen to try it out but not sure what to order.

Rio nguyen wrote:

Do you have an email?

Real smooth operator there👌
I'd love some bitter Mellon soup😆

cossmo wrote:
vantran.hcm.vn wrote:

thanks for the advice. will try. I have noticed Ngon place is very busy at times, what is their popular dish there?

do you know much about those banh trang trom? keen to try it out but not sure what to order.

At NGON, you should try Bánh xèo, Bánh bèo, Bún Bò, Chè, etc.

Bán Tráng Trộn has many variations The basic ingredients are Bánh tráng (paper rice), quail eggs, grilled onion, pork rind, laksa leaves, chilly salt. You may go to Nguyen Thuong Hien Street, District 3. There are lots of small stalls selling the dish. Or just look for a school and you can easily buy it.

I'm so sorry for the late reply. I was living in the Binh Thanh Dist :D  Hope to keep in touch so that we may meet up next time when I back to the lovely city ^_^

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Go try all of them :D There are so many dishes will surprise you with the mix of tastes.

Thank you so much for your dedication with the addresses. I would try immediatly when I back the city.

You can search before you go to eat :D
I suggest the free app LetEatGo on cellphones, you can search and choose the best meals from there. Or you can go online to check, but I used to do that on phone before heading out.

Thank you so much pretty ^_^ Do you have any food blog or your own review on Saigon foods?

I have the same opinion about the hygiene issue in Vietnam street food as general. But the funny fact is vendor food mostly taste so good. So you must usually go to the restaurants, right ? May I know where are your favourite addresses ?

you can try foody.vn app. it's full :D

Does anyone like vegetarian food??? The dish is process by vegetable and rice. Vẻy nice tase n smell. They has Phở, Bún cuốn( wrap&roll), cơm chiên( fried rice)...at Nhà bè.  07 nguyễn hữu thọ street.  The price about 20k to 35k. Lets try :))

toonblake wrote:

So tell me what are your favourite foods in Saigon you would try immediately? -or- So tell me what is your favourite food in Saigon you would try immediately?  bánh tráng

If you eat food from street vendors, make sure it is fresh cooked and piping hot. If buying Banh Mi (which I love) from street vendors, buy before the sun gets too hot and before the flies get to to it.

Favourite food in Vietnam? There are so many really delicious dishes here I would fill the web site if I were to list them all.

Matt