Where do you go to book ticket from US

To all expats from the U.S. . Where or whom do you book your airline tickets from the U.S. and from which state or city? Also, did you use a travel agency or register online with Expedia or Priceline ? How much did you pay and for what month? TIA.

Man, where have you been?
You just arrived from another planet or something,  get yourself together man.

Porkypig is funny.

Try internet. Write cheap flights to vietnam. I've had coach tickets from lax to sgn for under $800 round trip. No refunds...

It's a long haul so consider business class...

All airlines varied in this cheap price. If you stop in Guangzho china  for a long layover, you can go into the city up to 72 hours without a visa (China Southern)

I nornal call a Vietnamese-American travel agent in Little Saigon.  Not only that she gets me fairly cheap tickets, but she can take care of all my documentation needs (visa, VEC, etc....).

AlexterBalexter wrote:

Porkypig is funny.

Try internet. Write cheap flights to vietnam. I've had coach tickets from lax to sgn for under $800 round trip. No refunds...

All airlines varied in this cheap price. If you stop in Guangzho china  for a long layover, you can go into the city up to 72 hours without a visa (China Southern)

What is this 'internet' thing you speak of?
I assumed that Expat.com was THE only place to ask questions on a computer.
All I do is ask EB a question and I get an answer. Any question at any time.

Thank you for your useful post👌

I check with Kayak, find the cheapest fare, then bounce it through the airline itself. This trip got it from EVA. As far as visa, while visiting in Florida a Vietnamese acquaintance pointed me to a VN travel agency who took my pic fill the application and $190.00 later my visa request is on the way.
Good luck

Oh visa. This question was on here before. I am not at my computer but someone recommended an online site.

The cost for a 3 month visa letter was about $20 online and at Saigon airport pay $45 and that's it. Very easy. Online and in Saigon...very easy convenient. I've done this several times and the same good service each time.

You can apply and get your letter in  about 3 days or as little as a day for extra fees

Try Asap tickets or Cheapo airlines. Best Price.  I get email low rates from Booking...

Priceline, Kayak, and others all sell tickets but each has their markup.as far as the tickets... Same airlines and whatever comes with the ticket.

Usuall 2 23 kg(50 lbs) luggage and 1 carryon

Always go with a Vietnamese ticket broker. They will have the cheapest tickets and do your visa at the same time. You can do everything via phone/email and they will FedEx your tickets and visa. If you need one, PM me, and I'll point you in the right direction.

AlexterBalexter wrote:

Porkypig is funny.

Big price difference between coach and business class. I used to fly business often and the cost was eight to 10 times the price of coach. The last time I flew business class from the U.S. (Chicago) to SGN it cost almost $9k USD. Just saying...

Thank you all for your inputs. Booked mine through kayak (Korean airline/American ) and got my Visa on arrival letter from an online website just need to pay $45 when I fly in hcmc. Everything is all set.