Meet some forum members who live here

Hello

I recently joined the forum and will be arriving in bangkok on holiday Friday the 31st.  I've been to Thailand a few times before and an seriously considering retiring here in the near future.  It would be very helpful to meet some forum members who live here. To that end do, any of the forum members meet on regular basis?  I'll be in Bangkok from July 31st - August 15th.

Kindest  Regards

Mike from NYC

Hello Kate,

Welcome to this forum and welcome to Thailand soon.

It is natural for anybody who moves to a new location to build up new social network in the new place, oftentimes based on shared interests and hobbies. I would suggest that you also join Meetup group  to meet your "people". There are a lot of interest-based groups on Meetup platform in Bangkok and other places in Thailand.

For your residence permit in Thailand you could apply for non-immigrant O visa based on your spousal relationship with your husband. Anyhow, you or your spouse needs to demonstrate that you or he has enough funds to support your life in Thailand as part of the requirements for your O visa. If you wish to look for employment in the kingdom, you still need your employer to sponsor you for the work permit.

Just in case you wish to change your citizenship status one day to make life easier, to eliminate the need for work permit and yearly residence permit renewal, as a spouse of Thai male you could submit your citizenship application after having lived for 5 years here in Thailand. There is no more need to become permanent resident first, as the case in the past.

Welcome to the next chapter of your life journey. It is time to turn the page :).

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic as from your post on the Bangkok forum.

hello emmmceeenyc
i  still in bkk
and i need to meet some friend too
send me massege tel me where are you and how we can meet