Music in Oman

Hi,

Music is said to be a universal language. Indeed it helps to discover and better understand the culture of a country.

What are the most popular music genres in Oman? How about traditional music and instruments?

Who are the local artists you would recommend?

Where can you listen to them: are there any concerts or music festival held regularly?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Kenjee

within my short stay so far ,in the last 6 months I attended 2 musical festivals at the Opera house, Muscat .I found viable Oman English radio station and Oman Classical Music radio station,I would appreciate if anybody elaborates more on the issue.

The Royal opera House, showcases different     Art, Music, Dance and Drama. In may a display of world music and a performance from An arab place took place.

In Feb, cant recall e exact date, Ed sheran was here courtesy of HiFm Radio.  Old school band BoneyM and maize were here in jan.

104.8merge Fm is an English Radio station with a variety of music.Different genres, for different folks

How and where can the Labour power office (Alqoua alamilah) protect the employee ? what are the preliminary procedures