Music in Ecuador

Hi,

Music is said to be a universal language. Indeed it helps to discover and better understand the culture of a country.

What are the most popular music genres in Ecuador? How about traditional music and instruments?

Who are the local artists you would recommend?

Where can you listen to them: are there any concerts or music festival held regularly?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Kenjee

Whenever I have asked my Quito taxi drivers where is the music from that we're hearing on their AM-FM radios, the answer has always been some other country besides Ecuador.  Often Colombia or Mexico.

EC-originated music doesn't seem to have broken through the music-world clutter, at least on radio.

Irene and her All-Girl Band performed for the XXXXX Nations organization in Quito this week, and it seemed the songs were basically U.S.-originated, including the opener, whose melody I recognized from Monday Night Football's old theme.

cccmedia in Quito

What about traditional Inca music along the lines of Flight of the Condor?

Greetings
This is a definitive ensemble performing indigenous music in Ecuador.
http://ftnsec.azurewebsites.net/Nuestro … tosAndinos
AC

Perhaps you could supply us with the name of said group.

This is the 50th anniversary of Bob Dylan's album Highway 61 Revisted, one of his greatest, includes a great expat song Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues.  Includes my favorite line "If you're lookin to get silly you better go back to from where you came, cause the cops don't need you and man they expect the same."

That is a perfect line, isn't it?